Automatic Update - is this Gingerbread?

vanadiumdroid

Reaction score
Got mine last night, I too didn't read carefully and I hit download accidentally since I was doing something else. Nevertheless it was indeed 2.3.3 and it has downloaded (1hour) and installed. Works great, my phone is much faster and quite pretty. No complaints, and long overdue...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

FmE4ymbA

Reaction score
Gingerbread has already been rooted and there is also roms being made for it.
Are any of the rom's nearing completion? Where can we track their progress, or see which ones are available to install? It would be nice if there was some sort of feature comparison table of the available roms for each handset.

fiveball02

Reaction score
Are any of the rom's nearing completion? Where can we track their progress, or see which ones are available to install? It would be nice if there was some sort of feature comparison table of the available roms for each handset.

Cm7 has been ported for gingerbread but is still being worked on. Miui is also being ported to gb. Both can be found at rootzwiki

broman77

Reaction score
Still no update im worried if I did something. Wrong or didn't do anything

Kimo91

Reaction score
I SBF'd today so hopefully I'll get the official GB update soon. I was on TBH's leaked. 606 GB and loved it but the battery drain was just as bad as FROYO. Hopefully. 607 fixes that issue

If its not Boeing Im not going. TEAM BOEING SOUTH CAROLINA ROCKS!!!!!!

leobg

Reaction score
Both 606 and 607 showed amazing battery life improvement for me. If it is as bad as Froyo for you, better look at the apps you're using. As another note - new update improves standby time, active use time remains unchanged. So if you're actively using the phone (3-4 hours screen on), you may not see huge improvement if at all.