help how to transfer upgrade in motomaker

bellringa

Reaction score
Trying to upgrade my wives phone for christmas. Is there a way to transfer an upgrade and use motomaker so she does not lose unlimited.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you have a different line that's eligible? If so, upgrade the non unlimited line, then do an ESN change after the new phone is activated. If that is not an option, Motorola will be giving out coupon codes for $150 off a Moto Maker phone, which makes them start at about $349 with no contract. If you plan to do that you will want to hurry. Last time they ran out of coupon codes within about 9 minutes.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You can also add a basic line and get the phone on that one, then do the ESN change to the Unlimited line. Yeah, you have to carry the other line as a monthly payment but if you're on a family plan it's only $10 a month. You can even put a dumb phone on that line and give it to a child for emergencies. That way the $10 per month isn't totally wasted.

OP
bellringa

bellringa

Reaction score
I just added a new line. we were looking to add a dumb phone to keep at the house for the kids. now I just gott to get a dumb phone off of ebay. I can not wait to give my wife her new phone. Plus since I got delayed ordering on cyber monday they said they would send some free earphones.

JoeHockey

Reaction score
I was in the same boat. Technically I was using my daughters upgrade to get my moto x. I was willing to give up unlimited on my phone but not on hers. VZW told us (and it seems to have worked) to just use the existing upgrade on Motomaker to purchase the phone, then when you actually get the phone you just activate it on the line you want. I actually called VZW to walk through the activation just to make sure nothing got screwed up but it seemed like I probably could have done it myself.