MotoMaker Now Has an iPhone to Moto X Transfer tool; Ships With Your Data Installed

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-maker-iphone-to-motox-transfer-tool.png

Motorola is really stepping it up in the cleverness department. They have made it easier than ever to transfer from an iPhone to their Moto X device. MotoMaker now includes a new iPhone to Moto X data transfer tool called Migrate. This handy tool means you can actually have your new Moto X delivered to you with all of your personal data like contacts and calendar entries already pre-installed. Unfortunately, right now it can't get anything else, but Moto's Punit Soni makes the valid point that “there is a long way to go, but it’s a start.”

The tool pops up at at the end of the program's Moto X custom design process. To make it work you just have to enter your iCloud credentials and your Google log in details, and it handles the transfer automatically. Supposedly the process goes pretty quickly and should only take five minutes to port up to 500 contacts and 500 calendar entries. If you have more than that then you are probably too popular and/or too busy! Go smell some roses!

Source: Motorola

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
But I still can't transfer my SMS when I go from switch Android phones without getting an app and doing it myself. Way to set your priorities straight Goog!

TatDroid

Reaction score
I just used Migrate to set up my new Moto X. It couldn't have been more simple. I downloaded the Migrate app onto my old Phone (Bionic). Then opened the Migrate app on my Moto X (came pre-installed). I chose what I wanted to transfer (contacts, apps, SMS, RMS, pictures, video, music, call history), then used one phone to scan a QR code on the other phone. They connected to each other and a few minutes later everything had transfered to the new phone. Couldn't have been any easier.

Last edited:

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I was very pleased with how simple the Migrate feature is. I was not expecting it to transfer my text messages. It's about time they came out with a program like this. HTC has a slightly better one though (when it comes to iTunes music anyway), all you do is install the software on your computer and it will ask what documents/photos/contacts(Outlook)/music(iTunes) you want to import. Pretty fricking sweet.