HELP! Does anyone know how to remove this?!

CoffeeYag

Reaction score
I just got my Droid 2 last night. I was very annoyed to find this brail looking scroll bar at the bottom of the screen that pops up whenever you flick through screens from the home screen. It shows a house in the middle and then 1 dot, 2 dots, 3 dots... on the left and ride side of the house to indicate which page you are on. I can't really find a use for this and it's driving me nuts.. I know what page I am on and if I want to get back to the home screen, I can just click home. It's virtually useless.. :icon_evil: You have to wait for it to drop back down before you can access your launch icon, phone icon, or people icon... which are all located underneath it when it pops up. I have searched high and low for a way to uninstall this... Does anyone out there know any tricks to get rid of this? I would be forever grateful!

Thank you in advance! Really hoping I don't come to regret buying this phone only after a day or two of having it.

I also can't find a way to use any of the ringtones on my phone as my alarm tones.. if anyone has an answer for that, it would be awesome.

Thanks again!

Sarah

want a droid

Reaction score
You could always try another home screen application. A lot of members including myself use LauncherPro which is a great substitution.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
First of all, Welcome to the forum. I am sure that you will not regret your purchase.

I believe what you are describing is the launcher. You need the launcher (of some sort) to access your app drawer. If you hit the "house" in the middle it will pull up your app drawer. The dots on each side tell you what screen you are on. I believe you can download different launchers from the Market but they all have some sort of orientation indicators on them.

Sorry I could not help you more.

OP
C

CoffeeYag

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses!

I tried it out and clicked the middle, it doesn't pull up the app drawer. If you touch the home icon or any of the dots, it takes you to that corresponding page. It actually covers the Launcher Icon (White circle with the small arrow inside). It only pops up when you scroll left or right through your pages.

I will look into different launchers and LauncherPro to see if it can help me out.

Thank you for the suggestions!

Sarah

OP
C

CoffeeYag

Reaction score
I was actually able to take a picture so you can see more clearly what I'm looking at.

Attachments

• Phone.jpg
    Phone.jpg
    583.9 KB · Views: 390

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Unfortunately I have not been able to mess with to many Droid 2's so I am going to ask that this thread be moved to our Rescue Squad Droid 2 Section to see if anyone there can help you with this. Because to me it looks like part of the launcher but I wonder now.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes you will need either ADW or Launcher pro app from the market.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
They tell you what screen your on and allows you to jump to a screen with a tap....

dbutters

Reaction score
confirm that this is part of the launcher - the Droid X stock launcher is the same if I remember right. As has been suggested, try out launcher pro or another alternative home screen.

gunz.jones

Reaction score
I got adw for mine....free from ander web and tons of themes....addicted to it since cyanogen used it....

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
One advantage to installing ADW or LauncherPro is you'll get a "vanilla" Android experience instead of MotoBlur. Your phone should be a bit more responsive as a result.