Help - charger lost - any options to use asap

Belle57

Reaction score
all,

can't find charger and phone is almost out of charge this morning. is there any other charger that can be used safely? my old blackberry charger seems to fit the port but i heard using the wrong charger can be fatal.

thanks,

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've heard some cheap chargers can make the phone do odd things while being charged. I've picked up car chargers, usb cables, etc from various stores like walmart, target, radio shack, etc and had no issues. We swap phones and ipod cables all the time in those usb outlet plugs too.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Last edited:

cyberphreax

Reaction score
other chargers

I have a d1 and I charge mine with all kinds of things. Just make sure the output voltage and (milli)amps are close to the same specs as the original charger. I wouldn't go over 5.5 v DC @ 800 mA but anything under that will charge it. USB charges at 5.2v at around 800mA. I have an external charger that charges at 4.2v at 350 mA and I use the AC/DC converter that came with my Jawbone 2 which is 4.8v @ 350 mA iirc. I carry a micro usb cable with me anywhere I go since nearly every LCD tv has a usb port that can be used to charge as well as many other electronics. I've charged from computers, TVs, DVD players, Video Poker machines, Arcade games, etc. Lots of options

rherron

Reaction score
Output of Droid charger (I have a Pro) is 850 mAmps. Anything less than that is fine. Check the small print on the plug.

We have two BlackBerries in the home too. Plugs on those are 750 mAmps. I use the BB charger as well, it just doesn't charge up the Droid quite as quickly.

I also use a 750 mAmp BB car charger on the Droid.

Kindle charger is 850 mAmps.

Not an electrician but I think the risk comes from exceeding the amperage of the charger that comes with the device.

Last edited:

Rento

Reaction score
If it fits in the hole, do it.

Been that way for over 2000 years... Why the sudden change OP?