Can you use blackberry chargers for droid?

Droid_01

Reaction score
plain and simple can you use blackberry micro usb chargers for charging your droid w/o doing any damage to the battery or anything else? Thank you for your responses.

asmallchild

Reaction score
Awesome I've got a ton of those old blackberry accessories lying around

prowakeskater

Reaction score
Awesome I've got a ton of those old blackberry accessories lying around

umm, if its OLD blackberry accessories then you may be out of luck. Older BB's used mini-usb. Newer BB's (and most phones now) share the new Micro-Usb with the droid.

dustin4863

Reaction score
yep bb will work if its micro usb. but the razor 2's micro didn't work on my droid or bb just so you know.

brianr0131

Reaction score
I was using my old Storm 1 charger, but someone pointed out an issue. I checked it out and they were right.

Try touching the screen when plugged into BB wall charger, it doesn't work right at all. I am not sure if there's any harm that could be done though. I would, however avoid actually using the phone while connected to BB charger.

Just my .02

imiller913

Reaction score
I was using my old Storm 1 charger, but someone pointed out an issue. I checked it out and they were right.

Try touching the screen when plugged into BB wall charger, it doesn't work right at all. I am not sure if there's any harm that could be done though. I would, however avoid actually using the phone while connected to BB charger.

Just my .02

+1 I ran across the same issue just yesterday I got a text message and I went to unlock the screen and I had to try it three times before I could get it unlocked

brianr0131

Reaction score
+1 I ran across the same issue just yesterday I got a text message and I went to unlock the screen and I had to try it three times before I could get it unlocked

It's bizarre...makes no sense to me but it's true.

The bb charger still has more MA than the USB chargers so it's not just that part. Weird.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
The ones I use are the BB car chargers....Zero problems so far....

justreboot

Reaction score
I'm using a bb charger at home and an LG at work... call me lazy but i had already velcro tie-wrapped all my connections when I had the storm/storm2... no issues with either charger.

Last edited:

Mayze

Reaction score
I use my storm 1 charger at work all day and I've never had a problem. I have to keep it charged since I use my droid as my main music player.