HELP! - Can't unlock phone, screen unresponsive, tried several reboots- ((DROID X2))

smuggy

Reaction score
*EDIT: I fixed the problem with a factory reset, however some new questions arose.

I'm currently reinstalling all my apps by re-downloading them from the store, but then I realized I moved most apps onto my microSD. Am I saving duplicate copies internally when they already exist on the microSD? Also, what's the best way to reinstall all my apps?

Thanks guys!

-Mitch

OP
S

smuggy

Reaction score
Update - Went into the local Verizon store. They told me to hold down the power button and the volume down button so it re-formats the internal HD. I was hesitant to do this to avoid file loss so I decided to hold up until I received some answers from you guys.

Opinions? Any way to still save internal files or am I screwed?

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Was it a wallpaper from your phone or did you download it? I downloaded a wallpaper from zedge one time and had similar issues to this, I had downloaded a virus that avg didn't detect. I had to do a factory reset but hopefully you will not be forced to do one

Sent from a Droid2 Using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

OP
S

smuggy

Reaction score
Was it a wallpaper from your phone or did you download it? I downloaded a wallpaper from zedge one time and had similar issues to this, I had downloaded a virus that avg didn't detect. I had to do a factory reset but hopefully you will not be forced to do one

Weird, it was a Zedge wallpaper that I downloaded and tried to install! Is this a well-known issue? Kind of a big deal if you ask me. It looks like a reset is eminent!

Crap! :angry:

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Weird, it was a Zedge wallpaper that I downloaded and tried to install! Is this a well-known issue? Kind of a big deal if you ask me. It looks like a reset is eminent!

Crap! :angry:

When it happened to me nobody had had the issue. Sorry to hear this happened to you. Maybe you should notify the developers of zedge

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Mine was worse than yours. At first the screen locked up and when I rebooted it got stuck In a bootloop.

OP
S

smuggy

Reaction score
Posting from my X2!

I did the factory reboot and it worked but it's a pain getting all my apps again. Setting it up the way I had it is also proving to be a chore!

drew96dawg

Reaction score
*EDIT: I fixed the problem with a factory reset, however some new questions arose.

I'm currently reinstalling all my apps by re-downloading them from the store, but then I realized I moved most apps onto my microSD. Am I saving duplicate copies internally when they already exist on the microSD? Also, what's the best way to reinstall all my apps?

Thanks guys!

-Mitch

Are you rooted? If so spend a few bucks on rom toolbox pro you can backup all apps, freeze bloatware and tons of other cool stuff

OP
S

smuggy

Reaction score
drew96dawg said:
Are you rooted? If so spend a few bucks on rom toolbox pro you can backup all apps, freeze bloatware and tons of other cool stuff

Nope, not rooted. I'll look into the positives and negatives though as I've thought about doing that recently.