help..can't transfer contact from old phone to droid 2

bhb555

Reaction score
I have tried backup asst and it keeps saying my pin is incorrect when I know it is right....also tried saving all contact in gmail but it doesn't sysnc to my droid...2 hrs verizon tech support...got nowhere

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Can't you just press the # in Backup Assistant to get your pin?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

OP
B

bhb555

Reaction score
i tried that...it tells me what my pin # is and when i put it in it says error

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Is your Gmail set to sync contacts?

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Have you tried the last four digits of your phone number as a pin? If you forget it it should be pretty easy to retrieve it from the phone following the steps.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Tried that already.

Have you tried the last four digits of your phone number as a pin? If you forget it it should be pretty easy to retrieve it from the phone following the steps.

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Tried that already.

Ahh, sorry. I ran into a similar issue last week with the new D2, when i finally got it to work ........thats how I did it.

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
I have tried backup asst and it keeps saying my pin is incorrect when I know it is right....also tried saving all contact in gmail but it doesn't sysnc to my droid...2 hrs verizon tech support...got nowhere

Sometimes those people are useless, when I first got my D2 I couldn't get 3G. After a few hours on the phone with them I finally demanded I wanted a new phone so they sent me to a VZW store. They fidelled with it for a while until they gave up on it and sent me home with a brand new replacement.

I wouldn't mess with it any longer, if a VZW store is near you just take a drive and have them mess with it. They will eventually give up and go the easy route and send you home with a replacement.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No worries! For some reason, the code it gives her isn't working...weird!
Shot in the dark: try 0000

Tried that already.

Ahh, sorry. I ran into a similar issue last week with the new D2, when i finally got it to work ........thats how I did it.