phone book/contact list

sunshineman68

Reaction score
1) Is there a way to access the phone book and what is the procedure to add a contact, with my old phone it was a very easy procedure.

2) or am I limited to the gmail contact list, and if so what is the procedure to add some one to this list, it is a no brainer on my computer with my gmail account, but can't figure out how to do this on my droid...............

I am not real fond of this phone which I have had for 4 days, mainly because I can't get my 99 person phone book transferred to this droid, and the verizon help/special tech people are of no help with this...........

So if someone could answer 1 of my first 2 questions, that would be a start, thanks.............Mike

cpjr

Reaction score
First off, what phone?

But if you hit the menu button while in the contacts app, you will get the option to add a contact.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
1) Is there a way to access the phone book and what is the procedure to add a contact, with my old phone it was a very easy procedure.

2) or am I limited to the gmail contact list, and if so what is the procedure to add some one to this list, it is a no brainer on my computer with my gmail account, but can't figure out how to do this on my droid...............

I am not real fond of this phone which I have had for 4 days, mainly because I can't get my 99 person phone book transferred to this droid, and the verizon help/special tech people are of no help with this...........

So if someone could answer 1 of my first 2 questions, that would be a start, thanks.............Mike

What do you mean Verizon couldn't help you? They are suppose to be able to transfer the contacts from one phone to another. This doesn't make sense.

Are your contacts listed anywhere else besides your phone? Like in Outook? If that''s the case then you can transfer you contracts to gmail by turning them into a .csv file and simply transfer to Gmail. See Gmail settings for instructions or google it. My wife did it that way.

OP
S

sunshineman68

Reaction score
I have a Motorola Droid

I have been using gmail for a couple of years and I really like their contact list, and I have lots of entries, but on my old phone I had a lot of phone numbers in the phone book, which are still in the backup assistant, so it seems. I think part of my problem is that, I really need to know first and foremost. Is there a separate phone book/contact list on this droid, or is the gmail contact list the only contact/phone list usable on the Droid

Hookbill..........My contacts from my old phone, which had the backup assistant, and all my phone numbers are on this backup assistant list still available from Verizon, and I have tried the csv. file thing, and even though I was able to create a csv/excel file, I can't get those phone numbers in my Droid, and after talking to different Verizon people, I finally got to a 'tech' guy who told me this was a google/gmail problem that I should look up in the google/gmail help section. To me this sounded like the runaround, so I am still nowhere with this problem