Help Cant get my Bionic to power up

johnmc318

Reaction score
First off a little detail on my problem..

Me and my nephew were playing around the other day and I received a call from his daddy... I had to go outside to talk to him because I hardly have any service around the house.. After being outside for about 5 mins, we went back towards my bedroom and then found the mattress on fire... This started a mass panic and after what seamed like a couple of hours but was only probably about 10 mins, I got the fire out just as the fire dept showed up...

after everything calmed down and started picking up the pieces of what was left.. (the bedroom is pretty burnt) I found my Bionic on the floor... it was soaking wet, so I pulled the battery and have had it sitting out drying out for about the last week... I figured it was toast but i got it to charge up but when I turn it on, all that comes up is the Motorola logo and the it says droid... i left it alone for 15 mins and nothing happened so I attempted to do a factory reset using both volume buttons and the power button..( I have done this in the past, actually just a few days prior trying to get the 4g back along with having problems with Verizons signal dropping out on me in the middle of town) All I get is the little android man with a warning sign above him looking like hes dead, probably like my phone is, I'll attach a pic to help out...

Pic-08202013-001.jpg

I’m not really that tech savvy about the inner workings of the android OS and I am figuring that somehow my OS is gone and for some reason the factory reset files are corrupted..

The phone was not rooted and it was running whatever the current Verizon version software is the most up to date…

I am not that familiar with the lingo and everything so I need a little more layman’s terms to help me out, if I can be helped out… I do feel as if I can lean it pretty quick and I’m comfortable doing whatever I need to get it working because as luck would have it… I am a little under a year from a upgrade and for some reason my dumba*% didn't have insurance on the phone… Lesson learned for sure… And I cant afford to pay full price for a new phone…

I understand if it cant be fixed but if anybody can help, you don’t know what it would mean to me…

Thanks in advance….