My new Droid Bionic keeps waking me up with a loud "Droid!" I find this annoying!

mfn4u

Reaction score
I have read my little booklet in search of how to make my new Bionic to stop waking me up with the Droid sound. It appears that no one has called me and I cannot figure out why this does this. I need the phone on due to a very sick friend who may need me but these false alarms have got to stop or I take this back and demand my money back! It seems impressive with all the bells and whistles but I need to sleep without this waking me up!
Anyone have any workable ideas out there that could help Verizon keep a customer?
My friends are now skeptical about getting one!
Sorry to be a whiner but where can I find answers?
Jerry in Sacramento...

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Do you have a notification in the pull down notification when you get the sound?

robert70

Reaction score
Menu/ settings/ sounds/ notifications go thru all of those and make sure the ones you want unchecked are indeed unchecked.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think you may have better luck getting help in the Bionic Tech Support area so I have moved this thread there. Let me know if you have any questions.

GreenSnow

Reaction score
Try some sort of system cleaner, this didn't happen to me but a co-worker, I just got them "android assistant" and just performed all the system cleaners, I think its cache cleaner and maybe another one, worked like a charm on her bionic, good luck!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
Menu/ settings/ sounds/ notifications go thru all of those and make sure the ones you want unchecked are indeed unchecked.

Agreed!

The droid sound is a notification sound and most droids have that sound programed as a default for everything.

Everytime the you get a new email, text message, phone call, task alert, calendar alert, etc.

It takes a small amount of work going through the settings for all notifications, but by doing this you also learn how to customize your device.

GreenSnow

Reaction score
Try some sort of system cleaner, this didn't happen to me but a co-worker, I just got them "android assistant" and just performed all the system cleaners, I think its cache cleaner and maybe another one, worked like a charm on her bionic, good luck!

OOPS! I miss read the issue, i thought your phone was randomly rebooting and the DRROOOIID! Sound you are refering to was your boot animation.

+1 for checking your notification settings

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
DunDun is right. The"Droid" sound is the default when you buy a new phone.

To silence all of the notification sounds,

Go to settings.

Select the sound menu.

Select the volume menu.

The last slide bar is for notifications. Slide that all the way to the left if you do not want to hear the notification sound. Ensure the box that asks you if you want to use the incoming call volume is not checked. Then your "Droid...." should not be an issue anymore. You will still get the texts and emails, you just won't hear anything when they come in.

To change the notification sound from the Droud sound to something you like, go to menu/settings/sound/notification ringtone. Then scroll through the various notification sounds until you find one that you like. You can do the same for the phone ringtone.

Good luck. I hope your friend gets better!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tjoney

Reaction score
This happens to me on my X. I figured out it was just the battery charged notification. If you turn it to vibrate or sound all the way off for notifications it probably won't happen again.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

hkrn44

Reaction score
When you go in and check your notification settings/sounds look to see if the box is checked to alert you when the phone is fully charged. This was happening to me for a while on a different phone and I didn't realize I had this checked.

OP
M

mfn4u

Reaction score
Thanks very much for all your help. There is hope after all!

Do you have a notification in the pull down notification when you get the sound?

I really appreciate all the help and support I recieved! Thank you very much. I can see how much there is to know!
Thanks again, all of you!
Jerry in Sacramento Calif.

Caren4u2

Reaction score
I had to snicker a little when I read your post. Frankly, it was all to familiar! I HD a similar situation happen to me. I grabbed my phone in the middle of the night like that trying to silence the thing. I thought I was successful....until the next morning....when my friend told me that she received the strangest phone call from me at 2:30 in the morning!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums