hello

goingcrazzy

Reaction score
Hi all
Well i am a new droid owner and have owned motorola phones for 10 years now and have so far been very happy but the droid has fallen way short of what i expected from motolola. now dont get me wrong here what the phone can do is quite impressive and can make life easy cutting edge device. However it is big and heavy needs a extra power sorce these two i kinda expected with a smart phone how ever the bigest disapointment is this thing looks like it came from the 1920's a box clock for the desk top the ability to have speed dial is gone but holding the 1 key will still get you voice mail all the other phones lit you have a tag in texting on opp here that i see makeing phome calls from short cuts allways takes you back to contacts insteed of the desk top when call ends the interface is tarrable in the marke if you hit the back button thir is no foward opp its a time waster for sure. i have only hade the droid for 6 days and i find my self woundering if i should have gone with the htc at least it looks like its from this 2000's
So my biggest question here is i depend on my phone it has to work will the 2.1 update fix some of this stuff if not will blackdroid and if so is thir a vershion that is not overclocked

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Hi all
Well i am a new droid owner and have owned motorola phones for 10 years now and have so far been very happy but the droid has fallen way short of what i expected from motolola. now dont get me wrong here what the phone can do is quite impressive and can make life easy cutting edge device. However it is big and heavy needs a extra power sorce these two i kinda expected with a smart phone how ever the bigest disapointment is this thing looks like it came from the 1920's a box clock for the desk top the ability to have speed dial is gone but holding the 1 key will still get you voice mail all the other phones lit you have a tag in texting on opp here that i see makeing phome calls from short cuts allways takes you back to contacts insteed of the desk top when call ends the interface is tarrable in the marke if you hit the back button thir is no foward opp its a time waster for sure. i have only hade the droid for 6 days and i find my self woundering if i should have gone with the htc at least it looks like its from this 2000's
So my biggest question here is i depend on my phone it has to work will the 2.1 update fix some of this stuff if not will blackdroid and if so is thir a vershion that is not overclocked

Welcome to the forum. There is a learning curve for sure with this. for speed dialing you can long press on the home screen and make direct dial icon. Some of the other issues are just the way it is. The market is set up that way no matter what android device you use. If the phone issues is a big one go to store and play with an eris and see if you like it. The eris is a nice device but it is a step down from the droid in the scheme of things.

If you want to run a custom ROM like Blackdroids Ultimate droid you can clock it to stock speed, just because it can be overclocked doesn't mean you have to run it that high. Look around and so some reading there is a ton of info here and plenty of assistance if you need it.

:welcome: