Hello!

Reallyhappyman

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Josiah and I'm 16 years old. I've come to this forum for help, I have embarked on mission to construct a blimp! How does this relate to phones? I would like to use my smartphone as the sensor and receiver/transceiver of data. I basically need to make an Android Application that can communicate with an Arduino via bluetooth but also communicate with the world via 3g. And by communicate I mean video, audio, and sensor inputs. Ive posted this on an arduino forum but they suggested to ask an Android forum. I do have a lot of experience with programming but little with phones.I need to know what sdk to start with. I would highly prefer something freindly and easily testable, like an emulator. I have found several helpful projects online but they dont macth my project and you cant build on.

Use your android phone sensors on the arduino !

Nexus One/Arduino SmallSat satellite test launch video | MAKE

Here is my Arduino post if it helps,

"Hey all! Im currently trying to make an autonomous search and rescue blimp! It has a gps, compass, propellers and a camera. So I thought that the best way to allow for long distance flights was to simply use my smartphone as the camera and use the 3g for the data transfer. To allow the arduino to communicate with the smartphone. Im gonna use Bluetooth. And then the smartphone can use its 3g to communicate with my computer. My question is what programming sdk/language should I use on my phone? My smartphone is pretty cheep, it runs Android KitKat. Ive seen lots and lots of options, like MIT appinventor. Do you have any suggestions? I would like it to be easily testable so have an emulator and such, and it must be free I have a very minimal budget. If there are any other suggestions of a completely different way of going about this, post away!"

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Welcome, glad you joined us.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model