1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us
  1. teacherchic

teacherchic New Member

Hello techies! =]

I am in the market for a replacement phone for my LG EnV Touch ...which I have hated almost from day 1. The purchase of a droid will be my first smartphone and I can't wait to get started! Prior to joining all of you, I considered myself fairly tech savvy....now I know how little I actually know! Ha! My contract is up on Dec 5 and I dont know if I can wait for all the exciting new releases I have read about on here. Thank you all for the thousands of things I have learned so far and I look forward to learning more!
  2. mikeyrocks

mikeyrocks New Member

What's up teacher, I feel the same way. I thought I knew everything about my phone until I wanted to root, now I am clueless...this is a great place to learn and help others, lots of great people here.
  3. teacherchic

teacherchic New Member

Heyy! Thanks for the welcome!

Before I came here I thought roots were only found in my garden....in grammar...and squared in mathematics!
    yeah, I know...that was corny! LOL
  4. 252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz New Member

Welcome teacher android phones are simply amazing i came from a blackberry storm and i love my droid 2. It has so many more bells and whistles not to even mention the app market. Just like mikey said this a friendly place to learn and teach others when your experienced. I hope you enjoy the stay dancedroid
  5. Bilgediver

Bilgediver New Member

Welcome! My gf came from the lg dare, she got the lg ally and she's slowly figuring it out. I came from windows mobile 6.1 and thought I could do anything on my phone until I got my droid.

Glad you're enjoying your droid, welcome to the forums! We help each other out as much as we can!
    Droidforums.net appified!
  6. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome to the forums!!

This is a great forum to explore and learn new things about any Droid...jump in and enjoy!!
  7. teacherchic

teacherchic New Member

Thanks Everyone!

Thanks for the welcome, guys! I do not actually have a droid as of yet. My contract is up Dec 5 so I plan on getting my droid that day! I have read so much on here trying to decide if I should upgrade now or wait until the new stuff comes out in early 2011. I am going to go ahead and upgrade now, as any droid will be a huge step up from the junk I am using now. I have one more week to decide if I am getting the D2 or the X...or the incredible ......or the fascinate......Ha! Decisions, decisions!!!!

Thank you for being so kind to this newbie and helping me learn! dancedroid
  8. treefrog20012003

treefrog20012003 New Member

Go for the Samsung, I think its the best one to date. The fascinate I believe it is called, its a galaxy s series.

Sent from my bodily extension.
  9. teacherchic

teacherchic New Member

Please tell me why you like the Samsung. It almost feels like a toy in my hand. I cant seem to get past that!
  10. treefrog20012003

LOL, that is true. Although it is a small phone it has a lot of power and the UI ( user interface) is really nice. It has a great screen- colors are phenomenal for this device- and the programming is one of the fastest. It is thin which is nice, I have a Droid 1 and it is quite thick, I like the design of it as well.

11. treefrog20012003

I have also heard that around Feb or March there is a duel core from Motorola coming as well.

12. teacherchic

teacherchic New Member

I am currently using the LG EnV Touch...which is just miserable. Everyday feels like forever!!!! I do not think I can wait that long! Yes, I know, I sound a bit spoiled...and, maybe I am....but, I also figure anything on the droid market currently will be a COLOSSAL step-up from what I have. Choosing just one seems to be my biggest problem!

I like your points on the fascinate. I just watched a few YouTube videos of the phone as well. It does look amazing...btu, why, oh why did they put bing on it!?!?!!?
  13. Bilgediver

Bilgediver New Member

So then get the Droid x? ;-)
    If you prefer hard keyboards you can always go for the Droid 2 or Droid 2 Global (which is also coming out in White), both of which have amazing specs of their own.
  14. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad

I came from the enV touch and I now have the droid 2 and I can tell you its like night and day although the physical layout is similar. If its your first smartphone you really can't go wrong but my suggestion would be for either d2 or dx.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  15. treefrog20012003

Yea Bing sucks, but that is a Verizon thing and you can still set Google for a default I think. And really I don't use the search box at all.

16. teacherchic

teacherchic New Member

OK....now tell me why the D2 or Dx. =] What do they offer that the Fascinate doesn't?

Or, is it really just how comfortable I am with the feel of the phone and its physical features....inside, aren't they all the same???
  17. Bilgediver

Bilgediver New Member

Until I got a smartphone I use to have similar outdated thoughts :p

Every smartphone out there is now a mini computer, so hardware counts just as much.

the Fascinate does have the Super AMOLED screen, that's why the colors appear so vibrant, even though it doesn't actually display as many colors as the DX or D2.

Well the Samsung Fascinate has a really powerful graphics chip in it, but the DX is actually faster (but that could be said because the DX has the latest Android2.2, which really sped up processing while the Samsung Device is still on Android 2.1). The DroidX does have a larger screen, and some would say a bit more of a "solid" build, while the Samsung feels like a plastic phone. However the Droid2 is off by itself with "similar" specs of the Droid X, but less RAM and internal storage to make up for the Physical keyboard.

If and when Samsung upgrades their phones to Android 2.2, that will be the true test if it really is faster than the Droid X, as right now the Droid X is technically the most powerful Android Phone Verizon has.

But don't let us tell you which phone to buy, as it will be YOUR phone.

Just make a choice, and you will be very happy with it because they really are all great smartphones :)
  18. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad

Well inside they are quite different but I happen to like the way the dx and d2 feel in my hand. They feel solidly built, and I have in fact dropped my phone from chest height once or twice with out any issues.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  19. teacherchic

teacherchic New Member

I freely admit that I am green when it comes to smartphones!!! This will be my first. I do not like the way the Fascinate feels in my hand, but I do not like the DX either because it feels huge to me. I dont really need the slide-out keyboard..so therein lies my difficulty in making the decision! December 5 is the day so after all this research and review reading/watching......I will walk in and buy a phone! LOL

I do appreciate all the info you all are sharing! In terms of the age of these phones, would you say that they are all about the same age...I know when they came out.....I mean in terms of their "life-span" or even "life expectancy". Which phone seems to have the most time left in it? Does that make sense??? Aye!!!!! I even confuse myself in trying to sort this out! Ha!
  20. teacherchic

teacherchic New Member

Yes, I know that the minute a phone comes out it is on its way out...this the fun part of technology. But, I do not want to buy a phone that is beyond where it should be the minute I get it.....