Hello I'm Michael

MikeDSM

Reaction score
Hello, the moderators asked for an introduction and I'm grateful for people who give their time and energy to forums, so I will comply.

I go by either Mike or Michael, whichever you prefer.

I am 57, divorced, with two children I raised mostly alone, both of whom have "flown the coop" but not very far.

The Motorola Droid Razr Maxx is my first smartphone (purchased around 4/2012). I did my homework before making the commitment and I have zero regrets - it's a great phone! And I never worry about running out of battery. :)

I am not a game player, I can't even imagine having that kind of time on my hands. I want the phone to be a useful machine to help me be more productive, and slowly it is doing that! Although figuring out how to back up my data was WAY too much work...lots of "solutions" that are anything but complete (unless you root your phone).

However, my motivation to join the forum is part leisure: I will soon upgrade to my first flat screen TV (yes I am a dinosaur but my old analog set just won't quit). I am very interested in the possibilities of WebTop and integrating the Razr to my (future) TV. I am especially curious about the possibility of using Picture in Picture to work and play at the same time.

So whoever reads this post: I would appreciate being steered to the best forum for my quest!

Thanks again,
Mike

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Great intro Mike and welcome to the forum!

Congrats on your Maxx and I would suggest that you check out Razr Forums to get ya started on your quest... Droid RAZR Forum

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From a Beano

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums Mike!! :)

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Welcome Mike from another Mike! Glad you joined us! :welcome:

OP
M

MikeDSM

Reaction score
Thank you to all! I'm going to take smalltowngirl13's advice now and head to the Droid Razr Forum.