Hello I am new here

debster

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am new here been doing alot of research and reading about the Droid x.
I have had a BB curve for the past 2 years and I have been saying I want 2 main things.
1. bigger screen
2. faster internet access.

I'm thinking the Droid will give me what I want.
I will have questions bunches of questions. I will he here bugging ya'll to help me. I'm not a technical person at all. So I'll have questions.

07-15-2010dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Have not seen the X yet so I can't advise. The Droid is awesome, however.

Mike

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Droid Forums. The Droid is superior to the Blackberry in just about every category with the exception of mail. And I say that with some reservation because it really depends how you have your mail set up. If gmail is already your main mail account then it's a piece of cake. After that it might take a bit of learning.

I wouldn't consider myself to be a high tech person, kind of a lower level, I understand the basics person. My first day with the Droid was a matter of trying to figure out just how to use it. I learned I had to forget everything I knew about Blackberry and start over. I imagine your experience will be similar.

Most people can handle the learning curve. Some can't. I'm not trying to discourage you from trying, just trying to make you aware that this is a totally new way of doing "phone." If from the go get you keep in mind that it is a Google phone and everything is tied into Google, Gmail, Google Calendar, etc. you should do fine.

And by joining this Forum you just got about 80,000 people around to help you through the rough spots. If you feel overwhelmed we are here to help.

banderbe

Reaction score
Get a program called TouchDown for working with Exchange servers and you will be all set.

It's $20 bucks and worth every penny.