hello all im newbs

kasatka6991

Reaction score
hi to all ihave been reading your posts and trying to do the things you do
1st i have a droid 1 verizon phone that i got at a second hand store for 5 bucks because no bat door and the main speaker is no good
it has the following android vs 2.3.5 mod is liquid sholes 20110806.122403 build liquid gingerbread vs 2.6

ok now to the newbs questions
1 what exactly did i get for my 5 bucks
2 my win 7 pc wont see the phone in usb to load music i listen by bluetooth ext speakers or earbuds
3 tried to enable pair with usb as listed in forums the path doesnot exist on my phone
4 i will never connect to verizon or cricket as i live way in the moutains and im on the pay as you go walmart phones so
its just the droid coo,lness i like about the device
5 tried this http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html
seems to work never saw my device just a wierd name but some things dont work like the usb connection is not there and the pull down hidden menu is gone also from home screen
6 keep gettin the process.com.android.systemui warning on start up and often while messing around with the device

ok what i do is play the little games like fruit ninja and some slots and texas holdem
look at netflix listen to good music via bluetooth at work and surf the web google craigslist ebay ect
i would love to get this device back to no warnings if possible it had them from day 1 set it all up rooted and enjoy the droid
starting to use the scanner stuff with the camera thats just sweet
please offer any help you can im open to ideas mods and cool apps to try im good at folowing directions to test or report finding
and so far you look like a group of knowledgable folks here
than ks in advance for your help and support kasatka6991
ps, my wife just got a flytouch3 superpad with android on it cant wait to use what i learn here on it

OP
K

kasatka6991

Reaction score
well now ive done it ilet my bonehead brother help me out
he unrooted to factory now it want me to activate the phone
through verizon grrrrrrrrrr
now what should i do can i root to something else ultimate droid looks cool in the video post
again any help or direction is needed

catawalks

Reaction score
Welcome, and sounds like you need some help.

Did your brother get the USB functioning? If so you should be able to turn on USB debugging and root using superoneclick.

After that you are going to want to install ROM Manager from the market and have it install Clockwork Recovery. This will allow you to boot into a custom recovery partition that you can flash a new ROM from.

And if you are stuck on the activation, when you are on the first activation screen tap the 4 corners of the screen going clockwise starting from the upper left. That should skip the activation.

Let us know if you get stuck or have questions about ROMs.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
What happend is that you bought a phone that was already rooted and had a custom rom already installed. Unfortunately, as you might have found out, some custom roms 'break' the "mount USB as storage" function.

When you plug the phone into your computer, do you see anything in the notification bar? You should see a USB symbol and when you swipe it down you should see in the list "USB Connected". When you select USB Connected, the next screen should have a button that says "Turn on USB Storage".

And as the above poster said, if you want to bypass google activation, do as posted, touch the four corners of the screen, to bypass the verizon activation, just press the back button. You don't have to root the phone to make it do what you want to do with it. I have some writeups as well.

good luck

OP
K

kasatka6991

Reaction score
ok i got it going i now have ultimate droid
i did the boot menu trick did the usb thing
then wiped evertything
then loaded ud on the chip
did the update and bazinga " to steel a good line " it is sooooo sweet
i posted a help in the adroid section about the Fly Touch 3 (Super PAD 3) (4G) Android 2.3 ARM Infotmic X220 1GHz DDRⅡ512M 4GB Wifi HDMI Camera Gravity Sensing Audio Video 1024X600 TFT 10.2 Inch Resistive Touch Screen Tablet PC-Silver
man the droid1 other than being smaller is so much better faster and easier to manuver through
i saw a link in here sent me to another forums site not much direction there

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Welcome and congrats on the accomplishment!