Helium backup issue

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Trying to back up everything on my VZW G2 to transfer to my AT&T G2. I am attempting to use Helium but am getting this error message.

19076-albums200-picture69787.jpg

Thing is I have no password set. Any ideas???

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
See if setting a password temporarily does it. As an aside, I love this app TruBackup and it seems, even in the free version, to do a better backup than when I "used" Helium. Lots of storage options for the backup too,.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I remember seeing that error once b4 using Helium. .did you try to do a backup again ? I've had no issues since with app ..moved stuff over between unrooted phones

N2 tap

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I remember seeing that error once b4 using Helium. .did you try to do a backup again ? I've had no issues since with app ..moved stuff over between unrooted phones

N2 tap

Yup tried doing it several times and even did a reboot on the phone and my PC. Still got the same error. Kinda ticked because I just paid $5 for the key version last night. The free version doesn't give many back-up options.

leeshor: Does that app back up app data too???

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes. Of all the no root needed apps I've tried, (a lot), those backups seem to be the most complete with the most data, (can't say all but does include photos and such). The actual backup was much much larger than the Helium backups. AND it's no muss no fuss. Don't even need to connect to a computer for anything. Went straight to DropBox.

It won't cost you $0.01 to give it a shot. It dosplays what it will back up and you can uncheck items or default to the list.

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Yes. Of all the no root needed apps I've tried, (a lot), those backups seem to be the most complete with the most data, (can't say all but does include photos and such). The actual backup was much much larger than the Helium backups. AND it's no muss no fuss. Don't even need to connect to a computer for anything. Went straight to DropBox.

It won't cost you $0.01 to give it a shot. It dosplays what it will back up and you can uncheck items or default to the list.

Just read the description:

Apps (Note: truBackup backups apk files only, not app data or app settings)

I need something that will back up app data. That is why I was trying helium. Don't wanna go through the hassle of rooting just to back up app data.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have tried restoring 2 apps and the settings and data came back. I may be gauging my response more on the total amount backed up (which did include a few smallish photos so I'm not sure how accurate that statement is. I have not attempted to restore my mail.

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Still not having any luck with this. Still giving the password error. Guess I might message them.