Heavy use

alboboy10

Reaction score
This is weird and pissing me off. I have an extended battery.

Lately when I use my phone heavily, the battery doesn't budge then after I put it in standby with screen off the battery drains...BAD. And it doesn't stop until I restart the phone. I noticed this because even if I charge the phone it will lose battery immediately after done charging with no use, and that never happens with extended battery on.

Why is it that I have to reboot the phone to stop battery from draining. I've never had reboots which people complain about but this is the same concept...except I'm forced to do it myself

y0manda

Reaction score
On busy days at work, when I don't have time to fart around with my phone, it has about 85% battery left when I get home. I have never experienced drainage while in standby. Perhaps you should check your uptime, your phone may be randomly rebooting without you knowing which takes a lot of juice to do.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

ANGERisMYgift

Reaction score
U could try calibrating your battery... Or if your rooted try a different kernal.

OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score
I am rooted. I haven't tried any roms I tried loading das bamf but it gave me problems.

The drain only happens when I use the phone heavy though. It just doesn't stop going down. When I don't use it heavy it has weird drains also.

How do u calibrate the battery?

ANGERisMYgift

Reaction score
Easiest way is to download battery calibrator from the market and follow its directions. I believe u can also do it from CW

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can do it from root explorer as well. Battery calibration works great though

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score
I'll try the market download I don't use root explorer much.

I downloaded the app...do i just fully charge phone and then turn auto learn on and drain phone completely?

Snow02

Reaction score
Check your battery usage? See if there's something using a large amount of battery that shouldn't be.

OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score
Check your battery usage? See if there's something using a large amount of battery that shouldn't be.

There isn't...i close everything after using them. My phone drains big time only when I use the phone heavily. It doesn't stop draining until I reboot.

Must be something causing problems. I had lookout which I just removed...and also one widget which may have killed my battery. I'm charging the phone to try and calibrate it

sidsixseven

Reaction score
Have you downloaded any questionable apps? Not trying to sound like an alarmist, but maybe you are infected with that new malware DroidKungFu.

If you are rooted, you might consider recovering to an older backup or outright reflashing the ROM.

Once you have done that -- don't install any apps and see if the problem still persists and if not, slowly start adding apps back in. If the problem pops up again, then you know the culprit (even if it's not malware).

OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score
Haven't downloaded anything strange. My battery sometimes lasts two days. I'll try the calibration first and see what happens with that

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah charge to 100, run the calibration, let it ride until it dies and charge without a break until 100 again. Done

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

capetocairo

Reaction score
It is possible that your battery percentage is lying to you, or at least is inaccurate.

Since I see that you are rooted, I would recommend that after doing the battery calibration you delete your batterystats.bin

To do this:

1) Download a terminal emulator, if you already haven't (or your ORM doesn't have a built-in one).

2) Once downloaded or opened, type:

1. su
2. rm /data/system/batterystats.bin

Combining this method with a battery calibration will help you at least a little bit.