Extended battery cover is stuck!

thetexan525

Reaction score
I got my droid 2 a couple days ago, and (at least while it's still my new favorite toy) am using it heavily throughout the day, causing the battery to get to 10% after about 9-10 hours of almost constant usage including data/voice/running apps in general. Anyway, when I purchased the phone I got the extended battery with it, and now want to be able to charge both batteries and have one as a spare in case I drain the first battery. So today I go to take the battery cover off (extended battery cover if it makes any difference) and it won't budge. No matter what I do I can't get it to slide off like it's supposed to (yes I'm doing it right, I even resorted to looking for instructions online on how to pull the battery even tho it was fairly obvious).

Has anybody else had this issue, and if so how did you get it off? If nothing works I'll just take it to the store but it's a bit out of the way

hyatari

Reaction score
I got an extended battery and door and while its a bit more difficult to get the cover on/off its not as bad as you're describing. While pulling off try pushing downward pressure at the same time on the tapered lip at the top of the cover. May want to use a thin towel or something to try and get a better grip too.

OP
T

thetexan525

Reaction score
I've done all that :( also tried (very carefully) using a small screw driver to push it open and it did no good. Will stop by verizon store as, with my luck, if I keep on trying ill damage it and void my warranty

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Take it into a store, have them remove it. Don't damage it yourself!

Then determine w/them what to do to resolve the difficulty removing it.

OP
T

thetexan525

Reaction score
Went to the store, took 2 verizon reps 20 minutes before they could get it off haha. It seemed to just be a bad combination between my particular phone and that particular cover, as it was fine on the rep's droid, and her cover was fine on mine. Ended up exchanging it and can finally get it off myself :D. I was beginning to think I just wasn't competent enough to pull off a battery cover! lol.

rachel2310

Reaction score
Extend battery cover removed

im having the same trouble getting my cover off. i have had 5 people try to take this battery cover off with no success! so today i am heading to the verizon store, hopefully they can get it off without breaking my phone, but at least if they do they can give me a new one...