Heavily debating whether to go from Anti-fingerprint >> Crytal Clear

spazma7ik

Reaction score
I love the fact that no smudges show because they are my worst enemy, I can't even stand to see a speck of dust in the bezel, it has to be blown out. But one thing is it's TERRIBLE looking in the light, and when a smudge is on there, it's ON THERE, it's a pain to get off.

Suggestions? I have one anti-fingerprint left and 3 crystal clears, but I have the current one on PERFECTLY, not the slightest imperfection.

Suggestions?

UPDATE: I changed to a crystal clear and am absolutely STUNNED at the clarity, I have forgotten the beauty of the screen, it's a shame I haven't been utilizing it fully. Definitely already seeing little nics here and there, a few smudges, but overall its fine as long as the screens on. I notice now I also can't really live with the brightness all the way down, it just doesn't feel right anymore, which is probably bad seeing as I'm overclocked too (battery wise)

J

Johnly

I love the fact that no smudges show because they are my worst enemy, I can't even stand to see a speck of dust in the bezel, it has to be blown out. But one thing is it's TERRIBLE looking in the light, and when a smudge is on there, it's ON THERE, it's a pain to get off.

Suggestions? I have one anti-fingerprint left and 3 crystal clears, but I have the current one on PERFECTLY, not the slightest imperfection.

Suggestions?
Screen protectors are for geeks, they smudge, grip grime, and by the time the phone is a year old, the dude has cleaned his phone a million times, and for what, clean trash? Just go naked, the phone is so much more finger print free being real with it...

dunamis

Reaction score
I have both....I first put the AF, and loved the smooth screen and obviously the wonderful job it did in keep the smudges away. However, the screen got tremendously blurry and for me absolutely destroyed the beautiful screen of the droid.

I ordered the crystal and replaced the AF and I'm happy again. The smudges obviously is more visible and the screen is not as smooth....I use swype. But the screen in clear and bright. One of the reason for me getting the droid.

Having said all that, you do get used to the AF and it becomes tolerable. So you have to decide is the smudge and fingerprint the most important? or is the screen clarity (can easily remove smudge/fingerprint) more important?

That's my observation having used both......

richie1378

Reaction score
After going through several screen protectors, I have found the perfect one! It's made my DLO and I think most of their products revolve around the iPhone but they do have a "Universal Surface Shield". It not only is anti-glare but always does an excellent job of not showing all of your fingerprints! I truly love this product, because I don't see my reflection anymore when I'm viewing the screen and swiping is so easy. Check it out sometime!

fallsgable

Reaction score
Please explain to me WHY you all feel so compelled to use screen protectors??? The Gorilla Glass is tough enough. I'm NOT saying it is 100% scratch proof, but what are you adding by buying plastic stickers...I just don't get it!

richie1378

Reaction score
Please explain to me WHY you all feel so compelled to use screen protectors??? The Gorilla Glass is tough enough. I'm NOT saying it is 100% scratch proof, but what are you adding by buying plastic stickers...I just don't get it!

I guess it really depends on how "anal" you are when it comes to looking at scratches on your screen. Yes, the glass it tough, but would rather be protected now than regret on not having protection on in the first place. If the glass was 100% scratch proof, I'd go without a screen protector, until then gotta protect it! :)

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
Till you get a nice scratch down the middle....

Notice the test only shows a key being used. There are lots of other things out that that will cut through Gorilla Glass like butter.

kristoff125

Reaction score
Till you get a nice scratch down the middle....

Notice the test only shows a key being used. There are lots of other things out that that will cut through Gorilla Glass like butter.

I'm sure a plasma cutter would, but my phone is going nowhere near one of those. Not sure why you need to protect the screen if it's extremely resistant to scratches, and is getting replaced in 2 years anyways.

Sleeve

Reaction score
I don't fall into this subculture, but I do keep one of those microfiber cloths in my car to polish off smudges once a week or so. Usually most days I'm wearing the right type of shirt to do the job to my satisfaction. Anything stubborn takes a decent spit shine, too.

baniels

Reaction score
It took me 10 seconds to realize the anti fingerprint shield was not for me. Just way too blurry.