Headunit for my car

vegainey

Reaction score
If you search this forum, you will find detailed explanations of exactly what Bluetooth limitations exist and why. However, to summarize, Droid will work with Bluetooth for handsfree dialing.

1) If your Stereo manages it's own contacts address book, you can import your contacts from the Droid, and it will work fine without any limitations, since the Stereo manages the voice dialing functinality, and simply tells the Droid what number to dial.

2) If you have a stereo that relies on the functionality of the Droid to do voice dialing, you can still do hands-free voice dialing with 3rd Party Apps (Voice Dialer HF). However, ANY solution that relies on the Droid for Voice Dialing will also use the Droid Mic - Not the Bluetooth Device Mic - for dialing. For this solution to work, the Droid must be mounted near the caller, since is requires the use of the built in mic to complete Voice Dialing.

Once the call is connected it will route all communication (including mic) over Bluetooth.

silvere2

Reaction score
Pioneer Premier... umm... Ill have to double check on the Model...

19134_302446274753_785724753_3179553_6560849_n.jpg
What kind of car is that? I'm not Cobb's biggest fan.

mazda maybe?

I second this radio. Just installed it in my car, and it's awesome.

leonard

Reaction score
....take a look at this...."DROID CANNOT BE HANDS FREE"....yes it can, and yes it is....I asked angryGTS to post a video to c4 myself....has 2 videos....so it can be done....fyi

DSCF1207.flv video by angryGTS - Photobucket

This is what I need to be able to do, we have to use handsfree while driving. How do I set the phone up to be able to initiate a call like this from the bluetooth headset?