Found New feature in Droid X

tdawg5480

Reaction score
Well i found this when I paired my DX to my headunit the droid x supports sms via bluetooth through Kenwood headunit. No dobt that others will work if the headunit supports it, Ive read through kenwoods sms compatible list and almost none in the US supported tis till now. Thank you MOTOROLA!!!! My only gripe about motorola/android bluetooth stack is when I end a call about 10 seconds later it disconnects from my headunit and takes another 10 seconds to reconnect. Its not a kenwood issue its a moto/droid issue as my Droid did this also but every blackberry and dumbphone wold not do this.

For those who are wondering im using Kenwood DNX5120 with KCA-BT200 bluetooth module.

travishamockery

Reaction score
Hey, I have the same setup as you except a 7120. Had the disconnect problem, it's a firmware issue with your kenwood bluetooth unit. Upgrade the unit to the newest firmware and your disconnects will go away.

I have a question for you though, does your unit ring when you get a call? Mine doesn't. It just cuts the music. My old iPhone used to send a ring through the car speakers and I wish this did that.

ramez75

Reaction score
I am Newbie to DroidX, I got my DroidX (Verizon) few days ago. I have Kenwood DNX6160 in my car. I was able to pair the DROIDX to my headunit with no issues. My problem which I cant figure out is my SMS is greyed out and I googled and cant find a solution but I find everyone with a DROIDX have the function working but its greyed out for me.
I went into the TELP Setup and the SMS ON - OFF is greyed out too....

Whats wrong is my unit bad or do i need to download stg to the phone or unit

My phone has
System Version - Version 2.3.3.340
Android Version - 2.2.1

Kenwood DNX6160
System Version - 1.1.0
Bluetooth Module Version - 3.60

The phone pairs perfectly, phonebook calls etc like i said only the SMS is greyed out

Any help is greatly appreciated