Headphone port problems

Squeak87

Reaction score
I've posted about this before so I apologize in advance. I am having issues with my headphones cutting out like it loses connection. Other times it won't register my headphones are plugged in and other times it registers that they are so my phone speaker won't work. Is there a way to fix this other than replacing my Maxx? I have cleaned it several times with no changes.

(Droid Razr Maxx <<ICS .215>>)

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
I've posted about this before so I apologize in advance. I am having issues with my headphones cutting out like it loses connection. Other times it won't register my headphones are plugged in and other times it registers that they are so my phone speaker won't work. Is there a way to fix this other than replacing my Maxx? I have cleaned it several times with no changes.

I had this same issue with my OG RAZR. Your could order the jack from cellphonerepairshop.com of course this requires you tearing it apart. If that is something you aren't comfortable with you can send it in to them but IMO I feel the over charge and give the unlubed shaft.

OP
Squeak87

Squeak87

Reaction score
I'd like to avoid taking it apart because I do have insurance on it. I just hate having to get a replacement because of everything I have to re-download.

itguy51

Reaction score
The headphone jack on the Razr is very finicky. Sometimes, it just needs a cleaning, other times, it's the plug not having enough/having too much resistance. Now, for cleaning, my method involves dipping a headphone plug that you don't have much attachment to into Isopropyl (Less than 70%, or it may damage it), then plugging it in, rotating it around a bit, unplugging, then waiting a little bit for it to dry.