Headphone Glitch

netforce87

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've had my Droid Eris for about 2 or 3 weeks now and love it.

My girlfriend just bought me some headphones for it and they sound good, but if I don't plug them in just right or if the jack gets moved at all (I barely spin it) the phone thinks my headphones are a headset and starts doing weird things like opening and closing Pandora, making random phone calls to my last contact, skipping tracks automatically in the music player, and fast forwarding like crazy.

The headphones have a volume control on them, so I thought that was the problem, but I switched the volume off and on and no problem and some HP headphones from my laptop have a volume control too and work with no problems.

Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

The headphones are called iLuv model # iEP311

Agave1992

Reaction score
My Headphones do the same thing my HTC Eris Droid... Any solotuions?

divalibra

Reaction score
same problem here and all along I've been thinking that it was the applications and not the earphones. hope a solution is found.

Agave1992

Reaction score
Actually, I went and pulled the battery out while it was running(I know prob dumb idea) but it seems to have fixed the prob for now, not sure if its a permanent fix though.

You might try and see if it works for you guys as well (like i said though, it might be a dumb idea because i have no clue if it damages the phone)

Izeltokatl

Reaction score
I dont have this issue? Wierd, as noted above try a reboot.

snyluc13

Reaction score
i dont have this issue either, but i do have a slight annoyance though, when i have my headphones(from ipod touch) plugged in i get my notification tones for text and when the phone rings through the headphone which is great while at work or on the bus, but when i get an email it plays on the phones speaker and the headphones anyone else noticing this?

SIRPOP

Reaction score
i dont have this issue either, but i do have a slight annoyance though, when i have my headphones(from ipod touch) plugged in i get my notification tones for text and when the phone rings through the headphone which is great while at work or on the bus, but when i get an email it plays on the phones speaker and the headphones anyone else noticing this?

I have this same issue but with texts.