Headphone causes me problems? :l

Atlas808

Reaction score
To start off I am currently using a HTC Evo 4g

Okie, so everytime I plug-in my headphones into my HTC Evo 4g and listen to music it just keeps changing songs for some reason. I even lock my phones and it starts doing that. If I don't listen to music and my headphones are plugged in then it starts calling people or using voice dialer for some reason.

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it!!!

prince1071

Reaction score
Not sure which headphones your using but I had a similar problem when I had an iPhone...the ear buds I was using were the ones with the inline mic so I can get phone calls. I was able to pause and skip tracks....
Anyway, there were times where my songs would either pause of skip to the next track on its own......turns out that there was a short in the line somewhere and each time the wire was pinched in that spot it would do all the weird stuff your talking about....
I'll almost bet that its the brand of headphones your using....they also may not be fully compatible with your phone. Just like I cant use my apple ear buds with my droid...you can hear but the mic doesn't work... I realized that I was committing a crime anyway by using apple accessories with my Droid and quickly went online and got some OFFICIAL bluetooth earphones that do it all!!! LOL

Last edited:
OP
A

Atlas808

Reaction score
Lol ok thanks, do you know what kind of headphones I should get?

prince1071

Reaction score
Not sure what to suggest. I tried a search for headphones specifically for my Droid and didn't find anything directly made for it...you'll have to do some field research for a quest to get what's comfortable and affordable for you. I'm also big on sound since I mostly use it while I work and listen to music...and I recently got a pair of Motorola S9 HD headphones/ear buds that go PERFECT for what I need... Bluetooth music and call control. Made perfect sense to pair up 2 Motorola products anyway!
So just go out and aggrivate some sales reps and make them take the headphones out the box and let you try em first.....then when u find some that work for you, tell em you were just looking then go home and look for the same ones online for much cheaper at like Amazon or eBay!!! LOL.....