HD dock questions (before purchase) and opinions.

Kstyle723

Reaction score
So I purchased the HD dock when I bought my razr ($50 Motorola products so I got it for $9). Luckily someone had opened it, and put the set up guide in it from the more expensive version. Both are identical, other than the 3 USB ports on the higher end model. Does this mean if we are docked and in web top mode, we could connect a wireless mouse and key bored? That would be super convenient for me...

And fyi.... this phone RAWKS ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

dmisc

Reaction score
AS Far as I know, you can do wireless keyboard and mouse when using the standard hd dock. I just purchased the motorola keyboard with trackpad for when I have my razr in that dock...I an still waiting for the dock from Costco rebates, so I have not tried it myself.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
Kstyle723

Kstyle723

Reaction score
I can't believe I don't think of that... you my friend just saved me $100! Thank you! Lol. Great point... ill just connect via blue tooth. Did you connect to TV yet? The web dock view looks great! This I the first time I wish I had a remote control for my cell phone LOL. Keep me posted if u don't mind.

dmisc

Reaction score
I have not tried connecting to a TV yet. I am still waiting for my dock from costco. I dont have an HDMI converter cable, and I don't really want to spend any money on one, since I will be getting one with that dock. I am glad that web dock looks great. I can't wait to use it myself.

If you are really thinking about a remote control, you might want to check this out:

http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/Mobile+Phone+Accessories/Wireless-Accessories/Motorola-Smart-Controller-US-EN

I
know they sell this at Verizon for $100. I was thinking about purchasing it until the verizon rep told me that they had the motorola keyboard with trackpad. I wanted the keyboard more.

Dowork86

Reaction score
I can't believe I don't think of that... you my friend just saved me $100! Thank you! Lol. Great point... ill just connect via blue tooth. Did you connect to TV yet? The web dock view looks great! This I the first time I wish I had a remote control for my cell phone LOL. Keep me posted if u don't mind.

They do have a remote control for the Droid razr its called the Smart Controller.

bigpopa71

Reaction score
The docking station with the Three usb ports is better .you can hook up any keyboard and mouse and you can also connect other usb devices such as a printer. I have it and its incredible. I use the microsoft arch keyboard and mouse. If you dont have an HD dock you are missing out

OP
Kstyle723

Kstyle723

Reaction score
The docking station with the Three usb ports is better .you can hook up any keyboard and mouse and you can also connect other usb devices such as a printer. I have it and its incredible. I use the microsoft arch keyboard and mouse. If you dont have an HD dock you are missing out

You are right, didn't think about the printer. I wish i had the cash for that one. Got the reg. Version for $10 lol. I want a wireless set up anyway so I can dock my phone under TV, and surf the web on my tv from my chair. Motorola makes a sweet wireless keyboard, as well as the remote listed above. With those two, when i get home I can dock my phone and not touch it till I leave again. Either way, I am LOVING all the things this phone does lol

bigpopa71

Reaction score
USB is wireless. You must be talking about Bluetooth

OP
Kstyle723

Kstyle723

Reaction score
USB is wireless. You must be talking about Bluetooth

How is USB wireless? Do you mean by using wireless keyboards and such with the little adapters that go into the USB ports? I can undrstand that... Yeah, I figured instead of spending another $100 on a dock that adds 3 ports, ill just get Bluetooth stuff. The end result will be the same.... I hope lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR

bigpopa71

Reaction score
You are correct. You can use any wireless keyboard and mouse. They all have the little adapters that plug right. In the ports.