Having GPS problems? Try this..

jrl9851

Reaction score
I knew about the GPS problems before purchasing the fascinate, and sure enough mine had the same problem. Then today a friend of mine told me to take out the battery and hold the power button for 30 seconds (with the battery out obviously). After that, put the battery back in and boot up.

Problem solved. GPS locked on my exact location in under 5 seconds, and it has NEVER done it before.

Worth a shot.

UPDATE: Possible GPS fix (has worked for me and others)! Download GPS Status from the market and let it run...it should fix the GPS problem. Credit goes to Sessionthree (post #5)!

Last edited:
OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score
If any of you have tried this let me know what your results are.

Discover

Reaction score
I'm just glad to know it's a code issue, my gps works flawless on wifi.. So I'm sure a fix will be in due time..

As for the battery pull.. Didn't work for me either.

sessionthree

Reaction score
Try downloading GPS Status (free) from the market. I read somewhere that this app did something to the initialization of the GPS that fixed it for other apps on the Galaxy series.

Discover

Reaction score
Try downloading GPS Status (free) from the market. I read somewhere that this app did something to the initialization of the GPS that fixed it for other apps on the Galaxy series.

Thank you for the heads up on this program my friend.. My gps now works flawless on 3g. Super fast with the update table you can download to.

Thanks again!!!

tonamaste

Reaction score
So I installed gps status free and watched my little loader pinwheel majiggy spin on and on and on..... is that because its constantly searching for position? ALSO I went into google maps and still got "Searching for GPS"? did I miss something?

bsc504

Reaction score
I think I get a general position on maps from wi-fi but still searching for gps in maps and gps status has been looking and finding nothing.

Any way to revert back to 2.1 until this gets fixed?

Scott1974

Reaction score
I think I get a general position on maps from wi-fi but still searching for gps in maps and gps status has been looking and finding nothing.

Any way to revert back to 2.1 until this gets fixed?

I thought that we were still on 2.1? Has 2.2 been released and I'm missing something?

bstr

Reaction score
GPS Status app worked for me and yes, I was skeptical. My GPS used to take a full minute or two to start working and now it is instantaneous and accurate.

THANKS!!!

hitmeister

Reaction score
GPS Status

Just installed it and so far, so good. Got an immediate GPS lock with Google Maps, where it previously wouldn't lock from my home location.