Have had my Droic X for about a month now

DruidX

Reaction score
and I have to say, I am even happier than expected with my choice. Thanks everyone. My daughters iPhone seems like a cheap toy compared to the Droid X.

My Office Manager is talking about getting one now, and told me "it's very highly rated in Consumer Reports".

I have loaded the LaunchPro overlay, and bought an extended battery (must purchase, imho). The Froyo update would be awsome as it is supposed to extend battery life as well.

Now, if I could just learn a little more about shutting down the apps that I am not using currently, to save battery life, all would be good in my Droid world.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
check out link 7 in my sig to learn why you can let tehm run in the background

Reaction score
Your droid does that for you. If you aren't using an app, and it needs the system resources that app is using, it shuts it down. All this is totally transparent to you.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
DruidX

DruidX

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I know the app shuts down completely if the system resources are necessary, but it will still draw battery life down up until that point. I have adjusted many of the apps down, and things like email sync to once an hour instead of fetching every 15 minutes. All of those things should help exted the battery even further.

Thanks again - Abe, the info contained in your links, in addition to comments on those pages by others, is invaluable. I've saved it to favorites.

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I know the app shuts down completely if the system resources are necessary, but it will still draw battery life down up until that point.

No they won't. Backgrounded apps do not use battery unless they are polling gps or using data.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I know the app shuts down completely if the system resources are necessary, but it will still draw battery life down up until that point. I have adjusted many of the apps down, and things like email sync to once an hour instead of fetching every 15 minutes. All of those things should help exted the battery even further.

Thanks again - Abe, the info contained in your links, in addition to comments on those pages by others, is invaluable. I've saved it to favorites.

just know most of 1-9 are for the Droid 1. ADB, task killers and the lingo one apply but the rooting and ROMs are for the Droid 1.