Have a Droid ???

msu

Reaction score
Well I got my replacement Droid 1 about a week ago, then this weekend had a accident and broke it. Laptop fell down on it while it was on the floor and I had the slider open and it broke/pulled the top half off(screen) and tore the ribbon clean.
I was going to try and put it back together, but then I saw the ribbon.
Surprisingly, it did not do anything else.

So I called Verizon and had it disconnected and connected my old lg 8100.. Yeah I know, I'm dieing!!

So I have a broke Rooted Droid one and not sure what to do with.

Can I wipe the droid so I can erase all my info/set up, etc?? I really can't figure out how since i have know screen. (well I have it, but...)

I could sell it as a part out or whatever, but there is no way I'm doing that until it is wiped. I could have wiped it with Wave secure, but I have already told Verizon to disconnect it.

I canceled my insurance since I can upgrade on the 6th and didn't want to mess with it.

Any suggestions?

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sounds like your sol man. with no screen you dont know whats going on even if you could boot in to recovery. If you had a back up of the stock rom and someone could get you the button press steps maybe. Can you connect it up to rsd light? and re flash to stock?

OP
msu

msu

Reaction score
Recovery is set to Clockwork. So I could technically get into that and navigate around if I could find some online screen and just do a full wipe and then wipe cache. Then I would be fine with selling it for parts with a good ESN. I could care less if I sell it rooted. I just want to make sure everything is wiped as far as personaly info goes and the banking app that was on it(which was locked)

I just tried RSD lite since I brought the D1 into work today and I can get into the bootloader and see everything in RSD.

I'm guess a full wipe is the way to go once I find screen shots of clockwork???

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Wowzers, be more careful man. Killed two droid already? Hope the laptop that fell was okay...

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Cool, glad I could help. :)

Trying out Sprint for a month. Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk. 4G is pointless when you don't live in one of the few available network areas.

OP
msu

msu

Reaction score
Wowzers, be more careful man. Killed two droid already? Hope the laptop that fell was okay...
LOL, Well yeah the laptop was just fine or at least I have not seen anything wrong with it. First D1 flaked out, second one button fell off and I had scratches on it so they warrantied it in the store. It is sad since this one is in nice condition.

Ardax

Reaction score
I just tried RSD lite since I brought the D1 into work today and I can get into the bootloader and see everything in RSD.
If you can see the phone from RSD Lite, why not just flash an SBF that will wipe everything, like the FRG01B SBF on Peter Alfonso's site?

OP
msu

msu

Reaction score
If you can see the phone from RSD Lite, why not just flash an SBF that will wipe everything, like the FRG01B SBF on Peter Alfonso's site?

Well looking for the best option. But, that sounds like a easier way

Ardax

Reaction score
The SBF will wipe everything, and I would think it'd be quite a bit easier than trying to count taps and navigate blindly through Clockwork. :)

OP
msu

msu

Reaction score
Yep, you are correct!!!!! I will know here in the next 15 min.

OP
msu

msu

Reaction score
Woot!!!! Got it flashed and got the Pass, so I'm guessing that I did it correctly.

Thanks a lot. Guess I will put it on Ebay for sale now since I have not sue for it anymore and just put whatever I get out of it towards either a DX or just maybe wait till end of month to see what comes out.

Thanks again for the help, I needed it.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Glad it worked. Verizon is supposed to be getting an evo-ish device called the Droid Incredible HD. Look at that as wells the x.

Trying out Sprint for a month. Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk. 4G is pointless when you don't live in one of the few available network areas.

OP
msu

msu

Reaction score
Glad it worked. Verizon is supposed to be getting an evo-ish device called the Droid Incredible HD. Look at that as wells the x.

Yeah I saw that, just want to know when.. I read a article yesterday on it and for the life of me I can not find it now. The only drawback that they noted was the battery and how it was put into the phone. Slid into the side of cell and was something around 1300??

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The droid inc. HD will be able to accept a larger battery. The slid in battery is a feature on the Desire HD not the Inc. Hd.