Has anyone seen this video yet?

OP
Edmvr6

Edmvr6

Reaction score
Yeah after thinking about it.... that Iphone was way too fast... and the guy was so annoying after the Iphone won saying dumb S@@@ like this is horrible and I feel sorry for people who have these two phones (droid - nexus1).. was all that necessary?

He owns an iphone.

I figured....

jrl9851

Reaction score
OP
Edmvr6

Edmvr6

Reaction score
Know I hope someone does droid vs nexus videos...im tired of seeing droid vs iphone on youtube

dro

Reaction score
This was definitely rigged. My Droid loaded the page faster than the Nexus and Droid in the video, on poor 3G signal in a basement.

natty_lite

Reaction score
Here's a video where a few friends compared all 3 [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdqXSY0UOHU[/ame]
Here's one from a site called technobuffalo.com that matched the Droid vs a 3GS
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9YGvLHvUxQ[/ame]

wil318466

Reaction score
Wow.. I've seen some disingenuous things on the web, but that was a joke.

Engadget took me 34 seconds to download. I tested it twice, within a second or two, cleared cache. Fortunately (lol) I don't have an iPhone to test with. But, timing it on his video, his iPhone took 20 seconds. So, right there you know something is very very fishy, as "his droid" took MUCH MUCH longer than 34 seconds to load the engadget webpage.

The dead giveaway was how he was acting when the other two phones took "so long" to load.

Please. He should make a video of the three phones and see how fast it can drop a call.

I'm sure the iPhone would win THAT race in a heartbeat.

-Wil

hacku

Reaction score
There is another thread about this video. Open the browser on your droid and start loading engadget.com as soon as the person in the video does. In the other thread, everyone noted that their droid loaded atleast 10 seconds faster than the droid in the video. I read engadget daily, but they are very biased towards the iphone.

I actually just ran this test on my Droid, and the page actually loaded 33 seconds faster than the Nexus One phone on the video.

I think that what they did was pre-load the page on the iPhone (means the visited that page before), but not on the Droid or the Nexus One. I pre-loaded the page on my phone, went back to Google, and then back to Engadget at the same time they did.

authority11

Reaction score

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just wondering why nobody even thinks about putting the blazing hot Blackberry Storm 2 in any of these videos?:D:icon_ devil:

ktruba

Reaction score
tried the same thing last night...

Tested my Droid against my ipod Touch on my house's wireless network.

Droid loaded Engadget.com and NYTimes.com about 7 seconds faster each time than my ipod. Now i'm not sure the specs in terms differences between ipod touch and iphone 3gS but I figured I'd post anyhow.

I never realized it but the differences between the displaces is incredible too, the droid's displace is crystal clear compared to an ipod touch display...

Anyhow, thought that was cool even against an ipod touch

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
tried the same thing last night...

Tested my Droid against my ipod Touch on my house's wireless network.

Droid loaded Engadget.com and NYTimes.com about 7 seconds faster each time than my ipod. Now i'm not sure the specs in terms differences between ipod touch and iphone 3gS but I figured I'd post anyhow.

I never realized it but the differences between the displaces is incredible too, the droid's displace is crystal clear compared to an ipod touch display...

Anyhow, thought that was cool even against an ipod touch

If it is the 3rd gen iPod Touch, than the hardware specs on basically identical to the iPhone 3GS.

Newton122189

Reaction score
yeah, i just beat that droid loading engadget by 14 seconds and I had 2 bars of 3G, not even wifi or full signal so that person obviously has some seriously slow wifi, prolly an ancient router or something, wireless b no doubt

edit: i definitely think there is some trickery going on in that vid, maybe different wifi networks or something, im not sure but that doesnt add up

Last edited: