Has anyone bought their Droid from Wirefly.com?

acedzero

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

New here, and am liking the forum! :) Also pretty much in love with my new Droid haha.

I thought I had gotten a decent deal when I ordered the phone from Wirefly. Got a new account with VZ, paid $99.99 plus shipping, also came with a free Droid Eris.

Twelve days later, the Droid is now $49.99 with a new contract. I called them up and they told me there is no way they can match the price. I also spoke to a supervisor, who told me the same thing. She offered me a free Bluetooth headset as compensation (I have several already).

I told her that's not good enough. She said that she will arrange to have their corporate office call me within 24 hrs. I'm pretty sure I will not hear from them.

Am I out of luck? If it was a month or so and the price had changed, I would be fine. Most retail stores give you a 30 day price match guarantee. Anyway, its only my opinion, just trying to see if there is anything else I can do...

Thanks for any feedback.

qwopzxnm

Reaction score
Bought two from them within the first week of release. Price was killer and there were no problems transitioning both my wife and I to a family shared plan with two new data plans on top of it (we were both up for new every two).

The best Verizon could do was $150 for each Droid and that was with my new every two. Also, that $150 was before tax, which in CA is charged on the non-discounted price of the phone. That added another $50 back to make Verizon price $200 each. Wirefly's was $129 each, no tax, no shipping, saved me $140.

OP
A

acedzero

Reaction score
Bought two from them within the first week of release. Price was killer and there were no problems transitioning both my wife and I to a family shared plan with two new data plans on top of it (we were both up for new every two).

The best Verizon could do was $150 for each Droid and that was with my new every two. Also, that $150 was before tax, which in CA is charged on the non-discounted price of the phone. That added another $50 back to make Verizon price $200 each. Wirefly's was $129 each, no tax, no shipping, saved me $140.
In actuality, I probably have no reason to complain.. its just a bit annoying but hey, still better than paying full retail price I guess?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I guess they give you 14 days to return if you think it's worth the hassle.

Most retail stores give you a 30 day price match guarantee. Anyway, its only my opinion, just trying to see if there is anything else I can do...
Always read the fine print. I don't see any sort of price match/guarantee on their site.

The only feasible option I can think of is if the card you purchased with has a price matching feature.

OP
A

acedzero

Reaction score
I guess they give you 14 days to return if you think it's worth the hassle.

Most retail stores give you a 30 day price match guarantee. Anyway, its only my opinion, just trying to see if there is anything else I can do...
Always read the fine print. I don't see any sort of price match/guarantee on their site.

The only feasible option I can think of is if the card you purchased with has a price matching feature.
No, it does not.

Returning wouldn't really be an option for me either. After reading their "fine print", one of the conditions is that the phone has to be in new condition and have no more than 30 minutes of usage or else you are subject to a $200-$300 restocking fee or something.... I have well over that(the 30 min of usage). Oh well, just sucks that the price went down so quickly... guess I should have waited a bit longer. I'm not too upset, I like the phone so its not all bad.

Good thing I don't invest in stocks or something LOL...

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
More or less, dell and walmart are wirefly as well. I got a phone from them. Took a week to activate. But the price was good and the shipping was fast. For the price it's worth it.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it but I wish the price point would be kept high.

It's terrible to see in the next 6 months 10-12 year olds playing with these because anyone can now afford them.

Yeah, it's a bit conceited, but really ...