Hardware issue or service issue???

stanwelks

Reaction score
Sometime over the last several days, the reception on my INC has been very poor, I take it out of my pocket and I have no bars and after about 30 seconds the bars display again. Meanwhile, people are telling me they are calling me and when they try to leave a voice message it cuts out and does not provide them with the opportunity to do so, my phone never shows they called, and people are telling me they can't leave messages, while other people can.

1. If it was a hardware issue with my INC, wouldn't they still be able to leave a voice message? I am using Google Voice for voice messages.

2. How could I even determine if it is a hardware issue with my antenna or an issue with my service?

Thanks.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sometime over the last several days, the reception on my INC has been very poor, I take it out of my pocket and I have no bars and after about 30 seconds the bars display again. Meanwhile, people are telling me they are calling me and when they try to leave a voice message it cuts out and does not provide them with the opportunity to do so, my phone never shows they called, and people are telling me they can't leave messages, while other people can.

1. If it was a hardware issue with my INC, wouldn't they still be able to leave a voice message? I am using Google Voice for voice messages.

2. How could I even determine if it is a hardware issue with my antenna or an issue with my service?

Thanks.

It's hard to say. Where does this happen most often. If it happens in a particular area then it's more then likely a tower issue that needs to be fixed. That you can call into Verizon and they will give you a ticket number. It takes about 4 days but they will fix it.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had this happen about 4 years ago when a tower was struck by lightening. Don't feel bad about calling and complaining, most of the time, it is the only way they know there is an issue.