Anyone else experiencing major Google Voice issues recently?

Xander Crews

Reaction score
I had some issues with Google Voice crashing back in November, and they released an update that apparently fixed the crashing issues...for a while.

But lately, the issue has returned.
Frequently, when I try to open Google Voice to send a text, it will just hang on a black screen.
When I try to make a call, it acts like it doesn't do anything...but then did actually make the call 20 seconds later or so.
When the call goes through, my phone then displays this message:
"Google Voice is not responding, would you like to close it?"
So I choose to close it.
And then when I try to re-open Google Voice, it opens just fine and I can text and make calls.

Restarting the phone seems to also fix the issue for a while.
This happens on WIFI and 3G/4G...doesn't matter.

This happened yesterday morning and this morning as well.
It has happened before, but it seems to be happening more frequently the past few days.

Anyone else having Google Voice issues lately?

OP
Xander Crews

Xander Crews

Reaction score
I use Google Voice on Android phones I carry with me. Google Voice on Android has the bonus of being able to dial out on the native dial pad using the Google Voice number, which certainly makes it less confusing for my friends.

Uh, yeah...I know. I've been using Google Voice for all incoming and outgoing calls, plus 100% of my texting for over a year now. It's great, I love it.
But I just started having problems recently.

It's sporadic, no real consistency to it. Just seeing if anyone else is having issues similar to mine, or has any ideas on how to fix the issue.

OP
Xander Crews

Xander Crews

Reaction score
And of course, since I have posted that...it hasn't happened.
It had happened like 3 days in a row before then.

ansibra

Reaction score
I use Google Voice so much that my phone is almost becoming unusable. In fact I am thinking of returning the phone because it almost makes my phone worthless with all of the crashes and battery drain. I have included screen shot that shows that the google voice is by far the biggest drain on my battery. Also screen shot of the force closes.

themavrik

Reaction score
Google Voice won't even open, Galaxy S3

I've had my Galaxy S3 for several months now and love the phone. I installed Google Voice about a week ago. It seemed to work ok through the setup and creation of a phone number to forward my voicemails to. I actually tested it once and it successfully sent me a text message of the voicemail I left using my work phone. Then almost immediately after that the application will not open. Everytime I try to open it the screen goes black for a few seconds and it displays "unfortunately, google voice has stopped."
So I uninstalled the app twice and reinstalled. Both times it will open as if everything is just fine until I sign in with my google account and then it goes right back to not opening. I also went into app manager and cleared all app data, this also frees up the program to run... until I log into my account again. Sooooo, I'm not really sure where the problem is. I suppose it could be a problem with the account but seeing as how its brand new and I haven't changed any settings I would not think this likely.
Any suggestions?