Hanging on Moto screen after Restoring

morgendonner

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some help. Quick run down of what got me to where I am:

-Rooted my phone
-I made my nandroid backup, and also used Titanium Backup to make a backup of all my apps plus data.
-Installed Gingerbread monster root
-Installed Apex part 1.
-Restored apps via Titanium backup.

Things seemed to be going smoothly until I noticed I was missing some contacts in my phone. Particularly ones I don't have email information for, just phone number and facebook. I tried checking my restore from Titanium a few times but it seemed like everything was in order, I came to the conclusion I must have not had my contact list properly syncing with google. So I was probably rash in my decision now to move backwards back to my original save.

I booted with bootstrap and wiped data/cache then selected my nandroid restore file. It successfully restored. Now when I try to boot however, it simply hangs on the motorola screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Edit: FYI I can still get to the system restore screen, not sure if it would be a good idea to use that to flash onto either the GB or the Apex roms again?

Last edited:
OP
M

morgendonner

Reaction score
Before everything started I was on the vanilla 2.2 the phone came with.

I went onto a GB rom first, then went to the Apex rom.

r1nstang

Reaction score
vanilla is 2.1 I believe. I could be wrong but I beleive you would need to have been on Froyo 2.2 in order to update to 2.3 GB.
try wiping data and cache in the stock recovery and see if the does anything for you

OP
M

morgendonner

Reaction score
I thought the droid 2 (I have the r2d2 specifically) default came with Froyo? I'm fairly positive I was on froyo. I didn't have any problems with the new roms, I was just missing some contact information thus my hunt to go backwards began.

At any rate, I'm going to attempt to re-flash and see where that takes me.

Edit: Ok so I reinstalled Apex and it seems to be booting, at minimum it got past the Moto screen... updates to come.

Edit 2: I was able to get Apex back up and running. I decided maybe I was moving too quickly before, is it possible my phone simply didn't have time to sync all my contacts? I've got it on now so I'm just going to let it sit before going forward with anything else.

Last edited:

r1nstang

Reaction score
I thought the droid 2 (I have the r2d2 specifically) default came with Froyo? I'm fairly positive I was on froyo. I didn't have any problems with the new roms, I was just missing some contact information thus my hunt to go backwards began.

At any rate, I'm going to attempt to re-flash and see where that takes me.

Edit: Ok so I reinstalled Apex and it seems to be booting, at minimum it got past the Moto screen... updates to come.

Edit 2: I was able to get Apex back up and running. I decided maybe I was moving too quickly before, is it possible my phone simply didn't have time to sync all my contacts? I've got it on now so I'm just going to let it sit before going forward with anything else.

yeah its always a good idea to get your wifi connection set up before getting everything to sync up. with the apps trying to install and contacts trying to load at the same time it takes forever sometimes

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
For future reference its always a good idea to export your contacts to the sd card. Then all you have to do is import when on a new rom

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz