Handcent USED to be nice

M

Matth3w

I updated it this morning and now half the time when you use the soft keyboard the text doesn't show up, or the cursor is stuck at the beginning of the text...but when you send, all the text you typed that doesn't show up, now shows up.

myDownfall

Reaction score
Really? I haven't had any issues since updating mine and it's been used consistently for the past 5hrs.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Matt, powercycle your device. It's running fine on mine as well.

Aaron636r

Reaction score
I love handcent. Only thing that really bothers me is when I get a text and I unlock the phone the keyboard overlaps the handcent popup and I cant see what im typing.

pcandroid

Reaction score
I love handcent. Only thing that really bothers me is when I get a text and I unlock the phone the keyboard overlaps the handcent popup and I cant see what im typing.

That should have been fixed with this update. My quick reply box now moves to the top of the screen so i can see what i am typing.

Aaron636r

Reaction score

That should have been fixed with this update. My quick reply box now moves to the top of the screen so i can see what i am typing.

Maybe a uninstall will fix it.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

+1. The most recent update of Handcent SMS addressed the pop-up issue :)

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah if you install a new version of an app and it's not working the way you think it should, first try to restart your phone, sometimes that will fix it. Sometimes it takes alittle more. So if the restart doesn't work, i would uninstall handcent and then reinstall it. Something similar happened on mine when i first started using it, and an update came out. After reinstalling it, everything has worked fine since.

MJ5150

Reaction score
I hope the feature to send ringtones and MP3's via text messages is still there. If that is gone, I'll have to uninstall the app.

-Mike

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope the feature to send ringtones and MP3's via text messages is still there. If that is gone, I'll have to uninstall the app.

-Mike
that is part of the app that will forever stay....

-=Jason=-

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
i updated yesterday... today i was typing in portrait mode and not text was showing up, flipped it to landscape and the txt showed up and was fine... sent the message.... immediately after sending the mesg.. i tried portrait mode typing again and the txt showed up fine..

this is the only time i experience anything wrong with handcent, other than that its been good to me.

Kobra

Reaction score
chompSMS > *
Does ChompSMS split texts into seperate 160 char texts like Hancent does when sending out of network (verizon) texts? I downloaded it once and didn't see that option? That comes in handy when sending texts longer than 160 to non-verizon customers as the texts would just cut off at 160 chars. without that feature.