1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Handcent return number ??

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by FStone, Apr 14, 2011.

1. FStone

FStone New Member

Handcent return number = IMSI

Hi all,

I just bought a TBolt after a long and grueling time using a back-up dumb-phone. I installed Handcent after reading about it on the forums and like what I see....mostly. The test text that I sent to my wife's BBerry showed the sender (me) as a string of numbers. No name, no phone number, no pic showing that it came from me. I tried sending myself a text and had the same problem. After digging around I realized that it was sending the IMSI number. :icon_eek:

If I did my google-fu right, this number is not normally supposed to be sent out. Has anyone else run into this problem? I'd like to keep Hancent, but will drop it if everyone I text gets this same header on their text.

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  2. Doulandroid

Doulandroid New Member

Rebooting phone worked for me.
Search tags for this page
does handcent use my number
does handcent use my phone number
does handcent use your phone number
does the handcent app change the phone number on my texts

handcent change number

handcent changing call back number