Handcent getting multiple messages

shyronnie

Reaction score
For about a week now whenever I get a text message I get the same one 2 or 3 times. Has anyone else been having this problem with Handcent?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you disable your stock messaging app from receiving texts?

jdl

Reaction score
For about a week now whenever I get a text message I get the same one 2 or 3 times. Has anyone else been having this problem with Handcent?

You might need to manually update the app as the last update contained a fix for that.

OP
shyronnie

shyronnie

Reaction score
Yes, I have the stock app notifications disabled. I am getting the same message multiple times in Handcent. I also updated the app and it is still doing it almost every time I get a text message. I did notice the update mentioned Motorola phones so maybe the fix was just for them since it has not helped me.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it for every incoming text message or just certain people?

OP
shyronnie

shyronnie

Reaction score
It is from almost everyone. At first I thought it was just the people I know that use Sprint but now it is from all carriers. Occasionally I will just get the single message but it is almost every time I get the same message 2-3 times.

svdroiddude

Reaction score
I used to have issues with Handcent on my Droid X. Switched to GoSMS and still got some dupes but not as bad. GoSMS works perfect on my Rezound. Might be worth a shot?

idiotekniQues

Reaction score
i have had the stock messaging app disabled for months. this only happens with handcent and texts that have photos.

love handcent so i deal with it. did not like gosms.

despoeTR

Reaction score
svdroiddude said:
I used to have issues with Handcent on my Droid X. Switched to GoSMS and still got some dupes but not as bad. GoSMS works perfect on my Rezound. Might be worth a shot?

Same here. I had the same problem when I had my droid X.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got an update to Handcent that stated in the what's new that it is supposed to fix multiple text bug. I didn't have the bug so I can't say if it fixed it or not.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk Blue post