Using Handcent- How to disable Stock Messages?

hydro556

Reaction score
Coming from a Galaxy Nexus and new to Rezound.

I DL'd Handcent and now when I get a text, I get the Handcent one first, then a few seconds later I get a notification of the same message from the stock app.

I have dealt with this on other phones, but cannot figure out how to disable it on the Rezound. Any help?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No settings in the default app to disable notifications?

Sent from my Untouchable TB using some form of Xparent Tapatalk ;)

Secretminded

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
C6730
Coming from a Galaxy Nexus and new to Rezound.

I DL'd Handcent and now when I get a text, I get the Handcent one first, then a few seconds later I get a notification of the same message from the stock app.

I have dealt with this on other phones, but cannot figure out how to disable it on the Rezound. Any help?

Hello I had the same problem and I have figure it out It took me a while, not sure if it would work for you, After you disable the default this where we go wrong at instead of defaulting the stock messaging, don't check it leave it alone and just uncheck notification on the messaging and leave it just like that. Now I get a single text, but the mms runs really slow when u sent a pic, but you can send through the messaging still. Overall the double texting stop and im using handcent, so disable all the messaging and don't disable all the other the part when they ask to make whatever messaging app u are using, leave it enable. Mines working fine but the pic just go through slow, but im working on that as well.