Handbrake settings for Droid X???

frank dreban

Reaction score
Ok. I've got DVDdecrypt and have decrypted a DVD onto my hard drive. Good to go.

I downloaded Handbrake and have already converted it to MP4. I then put it on my Droid X and it plays fine, except that the aspect ratio is messed up. It's a little narrow.

Does anyone have the settings needed for the Droid X and it's big 854x480 resolution/screen??

I've read the forums and instructions and even seen the step by step guide that someone did. When it came to adjusting the width and height all it said was "adjust accordingly keeping in mind the Droid X has a max resolution of 854x480."

No matter what I do I can't get it to go higher on Handbrake than 720x480. Should I keep it at that and pick Loose anamorphic? When I do that the closest I can get is 860x464. Something about being able to divide by 16, and whatnot.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I ditched handbrake, i didnt like it at all. I found DVD catalyst 4 to be perfect for me.

Chris-pee

Reaction score
have you tired using the deafault "ipod touch " setting? The stock player scales the video to full screen regardless as long as the aspect ratio is ok.