Handbrake settings for Droid

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by docbest74, Dec 25, 2009.

1. docbest74

docbest74 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I used handbrake to format the movies from DVD to put on my blackberry storm. Now that I have left the BB world to droid I am wondering if anybody knows what the best settings on handbrake may be to have the best picture. I did transfer one over and it just doesn't fit the screen as well. So any advice would be great

2. mynameiserich

mynameiserich Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I do iphone/ipod touch and it works great

3. jigsawkilr

jigsawkilr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    DVD catalyst is the best for droid in my opinion. Try tools4movies.com I have 8 movies on my droid and they look great and sync great.

4. ImBILLS

ImBILLS New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Also try double twist.

5. bllarkin

bllarkin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In Handbrake, I used the iPhone/iPod Touch as a base, then turned up the picture settings for a higher resolution and set the audio to stereo. Works great.

6. sillyrabbitt123

sillyrabbitt123 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    can i use HB to convert AVI/MPG files to mp4 files to put on Droid? and or take a store bought dvd and convert it to put on the droid?

thanks

7. bllarkin

bllarkin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    To convert DVDs, I use a 2 step process. MacTheRipper to rip the raw DVD files to my hard drive, then Handbrake to compress it into and M4V file for my Droid.

8. dvdcatalyst

dvdcatalyst Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    There are quite a few posts regarding Handbrake and other solutions mentioned on this forum already, have a look through some of the posts here
    Droid Audio / Video - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum
    Also a search for "handbrake" here will bring up a lot of useful information.

Also, if your blackberry files are mp4 (H264/AVC formatted) they should play on the Droid as well :)

9. Scottyrocket

Scottyrocket New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a video that is about 10 minutes long that I used HB for to put on an iPod Touch. I mounted my Droind to the Mac and dragged the video from from my iTunes folder and it transferred just fine. When I tried to play the video on the Droid, I got sound but no picture. I also had a problem that I mentioned to ViperBoy in another thread where I shot camera video and and the picture would freeze after a second or so but the sound would play all the way to the end of the clip. Not sure what I have going on here. Any ideas would be awesome...

10. dvdcatalyst

dvdcatalyst Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...problems-playing-video-mp4-m4v.html#post79702

11. lemodular

lemodular Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is the best method using Handbrake. Set picture size 848x480 to utilize the Droid's awesome resolution. Codec should H.264 and bitrate should be around 700-1000. Anyone just using the iPod setting is missing out on all the Droid screen's glory. The encode achieved from Handbrake is awesome, I have tried MANY others, simpler, quicker, etc., etc. but for for the Droid, I like Handbrake.

12. whopua

whopua Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I keep getting an error "No title(s) found. Your source may be copy protected...etc" with Handbrake. What do i need to get this movie onto my computer for conversion. What's a good ripper software with no strings attached?

Search tags for this page
best handbrake settings for droid
handbrake and android 2.2

handbrake droid

handbrake for droid
handbrake settings driod razr
handbrake settings for android

handbrake settings for droid

handbrake settings for droid x
handbrake settings for htc dna
what settings in handbrake for droid 4