[ROM] [GSM] PARANOIDANDROID [CM9HYBRID] [120618 1.4b: Troubles solved! Keyboards, FB, etc]

molesarecoming

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
paranoid.png

op-1_nexus.png

op-2_nexus.png

op-3_nexus.png

op-4_nexus.png

op-5_nexus.png

paranoid_notab.png

This is an ongoing developer project to make way for a modification that will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the experience of your phone. I know you've seen tablet mode roms before, and indeed it's a start, but this ain't enough. This thing has potential, but it is wasted the moment you try to stuff a full blown tablet into your poor phone. Yet we all know our high res phones can very well handle more than silly 1-column layouts. So the magic must be in between somewhere, a place that Google must have overlooked and left blank.
Yes, this rom strives to drop your device into tablet mode, but it won't stop there, it will reshape and redefine ICS to make it all a usefull addition and not just a cute novelty. i'm calling it: Hybrid Mode, best of both worlds.

Donations to CM, my partner D4rKn3sSyS or to me personally

paranoid_instructions.png

• CWM: Wipe Cache / Factory Reset IF you come from another rom than CM9 or PA
  • CWM: Mount & Storage\Format /System
  • CWM: Install Zip File: (ROM) /drcmda/maguro/
  • CWM: Install Zip File: (GAPPS) /drcmda/common/
  • CWM: Wipe Cache Partition
  • CWM: Advanced/Wipe Dalvik Cache
  • Reboot and edit your Apps Dpi & Layout under Settings/Paranoid Settings

paranoid_hints.png

• Go to Settings, System, Font size, set it to NORMAL
  • Check "Auto Hide" in Settings, System, Statusbar, to finally get Fullscreen
  • Trebuchet Settings: margins:SMALL, show permanent searchbar:YES, Grid: 5x4, resize all widgets:YES, Wallpaper scrolling: OFF
  • Themes and other goodies you can find here: [PARANOIDANDROID STUFF] - Walls, Themes, Guides and..... - xda-developers

paranoid_trouble.png

• Toro & Toroplus may still have some sms/mms hickups

paranoid_credits.png

• Tina: Home
  • Cyanogenmod Team
  • Franko, for his Kernel

OP
molesarecoming

molesarecoming

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
paranoid_changelog.png

• 20120615v1.3beta
  • Navigationbuttons in phone mode are fixed
  • Franco kernel smashed games, storage, bootmanager - i switched to cm's default kernel
  • Settings panel had a bug, you couldnt set android.dpi, decriptions sucked, too
  • Speed improvements, all launchers are buttersmooth now
  • Force option for widget scaling works again

• 20120614v1.2beta
  • Compiled from a unified GIT that is shared by a growing number of devices
  • Has all the latest CM9 additions
  • Completely revamped hybrid code-base, should be better overall
  • New PAD/PAL code allows system-scaling finally, that means you can scale the lockscreen, dialogs, toasts, etc.
  • Trebuchet comes with new menu options: 4x4 grid grid folders, options for backgrounds, tablet effects
  • New cool backup app for pad.prop, *maybe* even an OTA app, either 1.2 or 1.3
  • New panel options and descriptions
  • Hide status-bar clock doesnt hide HOLO clock in notification center
  • Number of notification icons definable in settings
  • Tons of fixes and improvements

• 20120530v1.1beta
  • .Force option that allows apps to push their custom DPI through hosts, this effectively allows to scale widgets again, only this time without breaking anything
  • Menu button has been merged with recents button. Three dots will appear if an old gingerbread app needs it, longpress it to access the menu. This will allow more notification symbols in future releases
  • New option to scale navigationbar without reboot
  • Nova has been forked again, this will be the smoothest launcher you have ever tried. its projected into phoneUI but it brings all the cool tablet features like tab controls in the corners and those cool blue outlines when you scroll homescreens. Try the effects, rotate_down is awesome!
  • Fixed ICS standard keyboard, no cutoff anymore
  • All you toggle lovers, todays your day. customize them in settings/system/notification drawer
  • Dynamic prop values that work in phone and tablet UI
  • More descriptive captions and settings
  • CM is turning into such a beast, you'll find tons of new goodies, especially in phoneUI

• 20120521v0.9beta: P.A.L., PROBABLY THE MOST AWESOME FEATURE EVER
  • First time in Android history that Per-App-Layout has been realized
  • Comes with a better panel
  • Allows you to switch between Phone mode (with curtain and bear paw buttons) and tablet UI seamlessly. PAD & PAL work in both domains. That means you can have 3d Youtube in 320 dpi standard Phone mode or mobile Chrome without those horrible tabs in 192 Dpi Tablet mode.
  • Since PAL solved all scaling issues our Trebuchet fork is now obsolete. It comes with Nova 1.1.4 projected into mobile layout.

• 20120517v0.6beta: Bugfixes, new PAD panel, Fullscreen-toggle
  • Fresh cm9 repo
  • Franco Milestone 3
  • Bugfixes for PAD preventing it from screwing up some apps (notification icons were bigger for some apps, launchers would display icons bigger or smaller, etc.)
  • New PAD panel, lists DPI's, can delete values again
  • Powermenu Fullscreen-toggle, this finally allows you to play games without navigationbar!

• 20120512v0.5beta: Control per-app-density via Settings Panel!
  • Fresh cm9 repo, build IMM76I + non broken theming engine
  • Franco Milestone 3
  • Several fixes for p-a-d
  • Settings Panel, its the one with a droids eye. Still in the making but a start - /system/pad.prop is still there if you need it

• 20120505v0.4preview-add-on: Apps were too small? Problem solved!
  • Define the scale of your apps, system-apps, framework-components and even widgets in /system/pad.prop
  • 31 character limitation gone
  • No Reboot required, restart your app and it should pick up fresh values
  • Also contains a hacked version of Google Talk, messages use up the full screen now, you don't get these awful stretched message windows anymore

• 20120504v0.4preview: Apps were too small? Problem solved!
  • First ever Android ROM with Per-App-Density feature, it once and for all solves the problem that was tablet mode. You never, ever have to deal with apps that are too small again since now you can decide how apps, systemapps, framework-elements and even widgets are scaled by defining their native dpi seperately from the system DPI. Its an experimental feature and for now these values are defined in your /system/build.prop - it has drawbacks (maily notifications can look a bit strange), but that will be fixed in time. Warning: Keyboards MUST run in system DPI!
  • A list of apps and predefined values is included, this should include most of what you need. everything else is blown up to 210 dpi per standard. if you still need apps to be bigger, get a build.prop editor from the market, edit and reboot.
  • Trebuchet fixes: Folder Name cut-off, landscape name cut-off, divider bars
  • Please set your Font to "Normal" in the System Settings, you won't need "Huge" anymore and all this does now is provoke overlapping.

• 20120430v0.3alpha:
  • Freshest CM9 Repo
  • Forked Trebuchet and rewrote its layout and parts of its code to adapt it to tablet mode. I went for stock look plus tablet controls and changed the number of icons/widgets shown in the drawer. It's butter-smooth aswell. It has kinks left, those will be solved in the coming days!
  • 100% fixed android standard keyboard
  • Better Bootanimation
  • Fixed Gapps package based on 20120429 including Gmail and a working Market

• 20120427v0.2pre-alpha-gapps:
  • Fixed Gapps package based on 20120422 including Gmail and a working Market

• 20120425v0.1pre-alpha:
  • freshest CM9/nightly repo build (25/04)
  • recents window way nicer than before. close to stock. i only need to get rid of that darn gradient
  • keyboard looks like stock now
  • new bootanimation
  • camera works
  • comes with cm9 repo kernel, no color tint
  • notification clock is smaller, won't overlap so easy

• 20120425v0.0pre-alpha:
  • freshest CM9/nightly repo build set to tablet mode
  • Hacked Nova. I know 1.1 is out, but this one is still closer to stock
  • Androids keyboard reacts hellish in tablet mode. I fixed it but its still too large, tomorrow i'll fix it proper
  • I was trying make to recents window look more like stock. COULD be the thumbnails are a tad bigger than before but i'll get to that don't worry
  • 2 notifications icons max in portrait for now to prevent overlapping
  • Settings comes as the first item in the notification panel, hated to scroll down every time
  • ALOT will follow, please be patient, i made all that stuff blind because it needed ~13 hours to compile. now compiling is alot faster and i'll see to it that we will have true hybrid mode very soon

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen, don't forget to mark this as installed and nominate for developer of the month

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Very nice rom. Definitely install if you're looking for something different.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

OP
molesarecoming

molesarecoming

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
upcoming stuff in 1.0

force option to make apps penetrate their hosts, this will allow you to scale widgets again
untitled-1wq8q9.png

custom toggles
Screenshot_2012-05-26-17-04-23.png

100% fixed ics standard keyboard without cutoffs, works in phone and tablet mode
untitled-14ijbn.png

killed menubutton to make space for more notification icons. i merged it with the recents button. old crappy apps that still need it will display three dots inside the recents symbol. longpress = obsolete menu, click = recents like before
untitled-1miy8s.png

- new trebuchet fork which will be projected into phoneUI but i changed the large searchbar into those cool tablet controls
- new dynamic properties and panel refinements
- and who knows what, it will be a major update thats for sure

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Been itching to try something different. Going to check this out tonight, thank you very much!!

BOA

Reaction score
I'll give this a shot again now that I can toggle to phone UI also and see how it goes.

1quickv6

Reaction score
Intriguing..

I'm intrigued enough to give this a try. Exciting stuff.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm intrigued enough to give this a try. Exciting stuff.

This definitely takes things to another level, can't wait to see the future of this development!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very nice guys, keep up the great work!!

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
looks pretty sweet!

maybe (or, more accurately, probably) a stupid question - but, what's the difference between the TORO and TOROPLUS builds??

1quickv6

Reaction score
Breath of fresh air for my phone.

Flashed it and having a ball with it. This ROM makes the phone really fun to use. I love how it looks. I mean, REALLY LOVE how it looks. I agree with the video review that states "the Nexus is similar to a small tablet". Granted, my opinion may differ from others.

Oh, and it's lightning fast with no errors yet. I'm still tweaking the settings experimenting, but could NOT be happier with the development of this ROM. Going to be keeping a close eye on this one.

GREAT WORK Devs and all who assisted!! DancingNexus

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
looks pretty sweet!

maybe (or, more accurately, probably) a stupid question - but, what's the difference between the TORO and TOROPLUS builds??

TOROPLUS is for the Sprint version.

OP
molesarecoming

molesarecoming

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
sorry guys i had not much time to comment as i was working on 1.0 and had some trouble coming for me. i hope i can make it today. (-: