[ROM] [GSM] PARANOIDANDROID [CM9HYBRID] [120618 1.4b: Troubles solved! Keyboards, FB, etc]

SwagTech

Reaction score
1quickv6 said:
Flashed it and having a ball with it. This ROM makes the phone really fun to use. I love how it looks. I mean, REALLY LOVE how it looks. I agree with the video review that states "the Nexus is similar to a small tablet". Granted, my opinion may differ from others.

Oh, and it's lightning fast with no errors yet. I'm still tweaking the settings experimenting, but could NOT be happier with the development of this ROM. Going to be keeping a close eye on this one.

GREAT WORK Devs and all who assisted!! DancingNexus

I agree totally. I have flashed a few Roms in the past couple of months and this is by far the best. No reboots , and its fast. Its does not have as much customization as AOKP and others but it makes up for it with its tablet functionality. I love the toggle to utilize the whole screen. This is the best phone I have owned. I buy phones every year but I'm keeping this as long as I can despite its little flaws.

1quickv6

Reaction score
First hiccup... I can't get lightflow to work. :sad-b:

Can anyone else confirm or maybe give me a suggestion on how to fix?

SwagTech

Reaction score
1quickv6 said:
First hiccup... I can't get lightflow to work. :sad-b:

Can anyone else confirm or maybe give me a suggestion on how to fix?

Actually you don't need light flow. It has its notification settings. Just go to display and set your color settings for missed calls etc.

1quickv6

Reaction score
I noticed that but they are very limited compared to lightflow. That and I've become accustomed to the app. :)

OP
molesarecoming

molesarecoming

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
paranoid_changelog.png

• 20120530v1.1beta
  • .Force option that allows apps to push their custom DPI through hosts, this effectively allows to scale widgets again, only this time without breaking anything
  • Menu button has been merged with recents button. Three dots will appear if an old gingerbread app needs it, longpress it to access the menu. This will allow more notification symbols in future releases
  • New option to scale navigationbar without reboot
  • Nova has been forked again, this will be the smoothest launcher you have ever tried. its projected into phoneUI but it brings all the cool tablet features like tab controls in the corners and those cool blue outlines when you scroll homescreens. Try the effects, rotate_down is awesome!
  • Fixed ICS standard keyboard, no cutoff anymore
  • All you toggle lovers, todays your day. customize them in settings/system/notification drawer
  • Dynamic prop values that work in phone and tablet UI
  • More descriptive captions and settings
  • CM is turning into such a beast, you'll find tons of new goodies, especially in phoneUI

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Please pay close attention to the build before you flash, GSM and the Verizon Galaxy Nexus don't mix. CDMA is Toro Verizon, GSM is Maguro, we'll try to distinguish the differences clearly in this forum via separate threads asap!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

coolshock1

Reaction score
I have never rooted or flashed but I now want to. I have watched several vids on Youtube today and think I am ready to take the plunge! I found the .9b toro build on XDA but I don't see the newest Toro build on here? I just want to make sure I am flashing to the newest version. Thanks for all the hard work!

idcrisis

Reaction score
Hi, I'd first like to say that this is great work. I rooted my phone just to try this rom. I do have a few issues/questions though.

1. Is there a way to hide the app drawer button in the corner or get ride of the 1 in the tray? Kind of redundant to have both.
2. I'm using Beautiful Widgets and I can't seem to get it to look right (stuff is overlapping). No matter what I change in the DPI settings seem to have no effect on this either.
3. Is it possible increase the size of the lock screen and prevent it from rotating?

Edit: Never mind about number 2. I was stupidly using the wrong widget size since I changed the grid size.

b_j427

Reaction score
this rom sounds cool wish someone would do this for the droid x lol

OP
molesarecoming

molesarecoming

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
panel had a bug, you couldnt set custom dpi values, this SHOULD sort it out:
[*]Install Fix: ParanoidAndroid-1.1b-FIX.zip

I have never rooted or flashed but I now want to. I have watched several vids on Youtube today and think I am ready to take the plunge! I found the .9b toro build on XDA but I don't see the newest Toro build on here? I just want to make sure I am flashing to the newest version. Thanks for all the hard work!

rooting is super easy. use gnex toolkit, press "7" and youre done. installing roms is a piece of cake then. (-:

Hi, I'd first like to say that this is great work. I rooted my phone just to try this rom. I do have a few issues/questions though.

1. Is there a way to hide the app drawer button in the corner or get ride of the 1 in the tray? Kind of redundant to have both.
2. I'm using Beautiful Widgets and I can't seem to get it to look right (stuff is overlapping). No matter what I change in the DPI settings seem to have no effect on this either.
3. Is it possible increase the size of the lock screen and prevent it from rotating?

Edit: Never mind about number 2. I was stupidly using the wrong widget size since I changed the grid size.

i'll think of something. you can scale widgets, but you need to press "force." this means they'll push their dpi values through foreign hosts. normally the host decides how things are scaled and its taking its own config of course. PAD.force can allow it. i'd only check it for widgets though since it would screw things up for normal apps. example, give skype dpi 500 and check .force. now look how your notification icons blow out of proportion. (-;

this rom sounds cool wish someone would do this for the droid x lol

we have several ports going. we're still young, this thing is a couple of weeks old so in time it'll be everywhere.

coolshock1

Reaction score
Thanks. I was going to unlock\root on my MAC but will pull out the W7 laptop and do it on there with the GNEX Toolkit. Just looked at it on XDA. Then I'll be flashing ParanoidAndroid.

erasmussen14

Reaction score
Please pay close attention to the build before you flash, GSM and the Verizon Galaxy Nexus don't mix. CDMA is Toro Verizon, GSM is Maguro, we'll try to distinguish the differences clearly in this forum via separate threads asap!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

I was just about to ask about this. Apparently the links in the OP's post are "Maguro" or Sprint. That explains why I can't install the ROM, lol. I didn't see an option for CDMA version of this app in this thread at least (did I miss something?). I'll find it somewhere else if its available for Verizon/CDMA...

E

coolshock1

Reaction score
Just finally finished rooting and flashing. How long should I be on the ParanoidAndroid boot screen? Been there a few minutes now.

Maguro is the GSM version. Toroplus is the Sprint Version. Toro is the Verizon version and is available on XDA right now.

OP
molesarecoming

molesarecoming

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
you forgot factory reset--- do it and it'll go through under a minute

next time remember, new rom is different from the one on your phone? factory reset

dev posts an update to your rom and doesnt mention anything about "fullwipe"? flash away, simply clean caches

dev posts a fix? flash away, clean caches.