Group Email

hossdcop

Reaction score
Brand new to Droid. So far I like it. I have to send out group emails to the same folks over and over. I had a group email on my BB, but dont see it since I switched. I can select the address individually but that takes a lot of time. Suggestions?

Seapup

Reaction score
Brand new to Droid. So far I like it. I have to send out group emails to the same folks over and over. I had a group email on my BB, but dont see it since I switched. I can select the address individually but that takes a lot of time. Suggestions?

MotoBlur's Group handling with Gmail on the X is completely botched. Group addressing from contacts currently only works for text messaging (20 contacts max) and non-Gmail email.

If you're trying to do group addressing via a non-Gmail email account on your X, just do this:

Pull up Contacts
Pull up/display the desired Group
Press the little white icon in the upper right (looks like a pen on a sheet of paper)
Select "Email Group"
Select "Email" (Compose/Gmail doesn't work)
You'll see the Group name pre-populated in the To: box with the count of how many contacts have email addresses
Fill in the Subject and Body and hit "Send"

Alternatively:

Start your email app (not Gmail)
Do Menu Compose or just press the green plus sign in the upper right
Type the name of your group in the To: field
Verify your entry in the pop-up window
Fill in Subject and Body and hit "Send"

welton

Reaction score
You said you can email a group contact with a non-gmail account. I have the droid x and my email is gmail. It's only allowing me to send out group text. The phone allowed me to set up several group contacts but when i go to email the group it does not show up. Am I doing something wrong. Confused.

Ohioman1972

Reaction score
I have a Droid 4. There was a software upgrade about a month ago and trying to get used to the changes. I am trying to find a way to send an email to a GROUP on my contact list. There no longer seems to be an option. At least, not using the Gmail app. I have tried typing the group name in the recipient list. I have tried to find a way to send from the Contacts list. I pressed a contact from the group and "long pressed". Still no option... What am I missing?

SnglGrma

Reaction score
I have a Droid 4. There was a software upgrade about a month ago and trying to get used to the changes. I am trying to find a way to send an email to a GROUP on my contact list. There no longer seems to be an option. At least, not using the Gmail app. I have tried typing the group name in the recipient list. I have tried to find a way to send from the Contacts list. I pressed a contact from the group and "long pressed". Still no option... What am I missing?

Open Gmail, press the To: and type in your email addresses that you want to group send, type in your message and press send. I just performed those steps and it worked for me. You don't have to press the ; or the , after each address.

Ohioman1972

Reaction score
I know how to send emails to individual contacts. However, I have a GROUP that I want to send an email to.
I tried typing in the name of the group and that didn't work.

SnglGrma

Reaction score
I know how to send emails to individual contacts. However, I have a GROUP that I want to send an email to.
I tried typing in the name of the group and that didn't work.

Ya know, I seriously feel your frustration there Ohioman, that is why I also researched it further after my comment and provided a link FOR YOU... to SHOW YOU HOW YOU CAN ...send emails to a GROUP OF PEOPLE.

However, I feel that I did not deserve such a harsh response (yes I took it that way right off the bat) from you when all I was trying to do was help. In your first request, YOU DID NOT specify (unless I missed it and will go back and look) that you knew you could send emails in the manner in which I explained to you. Had you been a bit MORE CLEAR in your request, I would of researched it first and provided the link before my answer .....

<<<<SMILING WIDELY>>>>

Ohioman1972

Reaction score
Ya know, I seriously feel your frustration there Ohioman, that is why I also researched it further after my comment and provided a link FOR YOU... to SHOW YOU HOW YOU CAN ...send emails to a GROUP OF PEOPLE.

However, I feel that I did not deserve such a harsh response (yes I took it that way right off the bat) from you when all I was trying to do was help. In your first request, YOU DID NOT specify (unless I missed it and will go back and look) that you knew you could send emails in the manner in which I explained to you. Had you been a bit MORE CLEAR in your request, I would of researched it first and provided the link before my answer .....

<<<<SMILING WIDELY>>>>

Please allow me to apologize if I seemed snippy. That wasn't my intention. It's tough to gauge on forums a tone of voice. I checked the link and the instructions did not work.

SnglGrma

Reaction score
Please allow me to apologize if I seemed snippy. That wasn't my intention. It's tough to gauge on forums a tone of voice. I checked the link and the instructions did not work.

Ohioman, All is forgiven... if you ever see me write anything on this forum, just always know it is with the kindest of all hearts in trying to help... I hope you were able to get your group email working... on the website I sent ... it said something about having to make a "Group Email" and then add people to that??? Hope you were able to succeed...

Enjoy your week!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I realize this is a really old thread, but it's the only one that came up when I searched for a solution to this same problem.

The link that SnglGrma provided just brings me to the Tech republic main page and I wasn't able to find any article that dealt with this issue by searching there.

I need to forward an email to a group that I have setup in my phone, but can't find a way to select all of them at once instead of trying to remember all of their names and get them included.