green star symbol?

Volnation

Reaction score
Im sorry if this stupid question. But ive been looking everywhere to try figure it out. I have the Motorola Droid Razr. & currently had to get new phone cause 1st Razr died on me. When i got my replacement Razr I suddenly started getting green star symble in upper left corner where voicemail, missed call notifications are located. My 1st Razr this symbol never showed up. My question is what is the green star emblem it usually sometype of message usually seems like scams or spam stuff. Is the green star something new or is something turned on that i didnt have turned on my 1st Razr? If so how can i turn it off or any suggestions? Sorry if stupid im not very computer literate. My phone is actually only time i ever get on internet or anything. If its just e.mail notifications is there any ways to make junk mail not come through? Just confused & frustrated cause its something that just started since i got my replacement Razr. Thanks for any suggestions or replies!

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Yes, it is a spam add if you go into the play store and download an app called airpush detector it will tell you which app is putting the add in your notification bar. From there you can go back to the play store and uninstall the app(s) the have spam as well as airpush detector.

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

OP
V

Volnation

Reaction score
Yes, it is a spam add if you go into the play store and download an app called airpush detector it will tell you which app is putting the add in your notification bar. From there you can go back to the play store and uninstall the app(s) the have spam as well as airpush detector.

Thanks for the reply! I just did what you said. It was a music app. So i uninstalled it so hopefully that will do the trick! Was getting super annoyed with the whole you won this or that just fill out yada yada!

drew96dawg

Reaction score
No problem airpush ads are horrible and i think they shouldn't even be allowed to put them in apps. Do you mind telling me what music app it was?

OP
V

Volnation

Reaction score
No problem airpush ads are horrible and i think they shouldn't even be allowed to put them in apps. Do you mind telling me what music app it was?

I think it was Music Download Monster I never even used it either i downloaded it just hadnt took the time to download any music. When i got my replacement Razr I got some Apps so i could get music. I always go for free apps that might be part of problem. Got any suggestions for music that definitely dont pull that Spam junk. I agree they shouldnt be aloud to do that sending spam! The main spam was for money i supposedly won or meet singles within so many miles of my house! I was actually afraid it may have been something new the had added to new RAZR. Well hope this helps you or anyone else from getting that app. If it pulls that SPAM JUNK!

drew96dawg

Reaction score
I think it was Music Download Monster I never even used it either i downloaded it just hadnt took the time to download any music. When i got my replacement Razr I got some Apps so i could get music. I always go for free apps that might be part of problem. Got any suggestions for music that definitely dont pull that Spam junk. I agree they shouldnt be aloud to do that sending spam! The main spam was for money i supposedly won or meet singles within so many miles of my house! I was actually afraid it may have been something new the had added to new RAZR. Well hope this helps you or anyone else from getting that app. If it pulls that SPAM JUNK!

I use gtunes music downloader it's free in the play store.