Green Star in Notification Bar

BillyT

Reaction score
Saw this on Tuesday and just deleted the notification (was stating that my phone was running slow)- fortunatley there is a way to delete the message without following antything. Just got another one though (this one is for local singles). Thing is, I don't know where this message is coming from! There are no new messages or emails to speak of, just this green star in the notification area. I'm not getting a warm fuzzy about opening this message to figure anything out about it.

cptrbob

Reaction score
Green Star

I also have this issue. Anyone know if this is part of the 2.2.3 update. Is it spam inserted into the OS by Motorola?

vvildcard

Reaction score
Sounds like an ad-ware app... might want to audit the stuff you've installed.

Atom702

Reaction score
Certain apps now advertise in your notification bar. There is an app in the market to opt out.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Atom702

Reaction score
The name of the crap using software is airpush. You can find apps in the market to detect and opt out of this

notional

Reaction score
Green Star - Airpush

The name of the crap using software is airpush. You can find apps in the market to detect and opt out of this

I just came across a Green Airpush Star ad that the Airpush Detector didn't locate.

I went to the market and downloaded the Airpush Opt Out program, as well as an Airpush blocker (both rated four stars). They so far seem to work on my Droid Razr.

azdrifter

Reaction score
I had that problem with my Incredible but it only happened a couple of times and then it never resurfaced again,..then again I would change roms on that phone so much that It never had a chance to return:blink:

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
Lately i have been getting a green star in my notification bar that will have things like, you won a free ipad, or like right now there is one for"coke vs pepsi- ur choice- tell us and get a $100 gift card. I dont believe i have any apps that would be causing this. Has anyone gotten these before? and if so how do i get rid of them? please help. thanks

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
This thread can be locked out/ deleted i found another thread that recommended air push and it worked. Sorry for the clutter thread...