graphics on droid

marcogiudice

Reaction score
can anyone explain why during game play,even with my cpu turned down to 500 oc the graphics can sometimes start to look buggy? i play homerun 3d and once in awhile the graphics like to start going buggy.. is it the game or my droid or the kernel im using (p3)? does this happen to anyone else? i would please like some info on this and what i can do to fix it or if its just normal

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Artifacting can be caused by any number of things, but is usually related to overclocking and modding farther than the hardware can handle. I expect your kernel mod has something to do with this.

OP
marcogiudice

marcogiudice

Reaction score
Artifacting can be caused by any number of things, but is usually related to overclocking and modding farther than the hardware can handle. I expect your kernel mod has something to do with this.
ill take your word for it but, it just recently started happening and i only oc to 500 when playing.. its seems to start after the motherboard or gpu starts to warm up b'cuz and im thinking its damaged frm all heat abuse i put it thru.. you think so? i mean its happened on all kernels so im just trying to get a basic underdtanding and youve helped me before and seem to know what your talking about so i need to help me break this down so i can father investigate it please

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's hard to diagnose from here, and without knowing exactly what you've done and what the temps were when you did it. I havent heard of anyone damaging their phone in this way yet, but it is entirely possible that you have artifacting due to heat damage.

If you really want to get to the bottom of it, I'd revert to stock completely and see what happens.

How hot did it get? The danger zone is at 155C plus. Anything this high can potentially cause irreparable damage.

OP
marcogiudice

marcogiudice

Reaction score
It's hard to diagnose from here, and without knowing exactly what you've done and what the temps were when you did it. I havent heard of anyone damaging their phone in this way yet, but it is entirely possible that you have artifacting due to heat damage.

If you really want to get to the bottom of it, I'd revert to stock completely and see what happens.

How hot did it get? The danger zone is at 155C plus. Anything this high can potentially cause irreparable damage.
i have my cpu fail safe set at 140f which isnt to bad, but ive notice by the time setpcu failsafes itself cuz i was told to keep it on passive ,now i know better to keep it on 60 sec it could hit around 150. so im pretty much boaderline. see what im saying. so im not sure its heat damage i could just be a little over worried, but im going to try reverting back to stock and see. but i would like to keep in touch and help me break it down til we find an answer.. thanks ltken
btw i can go to stock with just su, or does it have to be bare stock?