GPS Problems?

JohnDoeJohnDoes

Reaction score
So whenever I go on Google Maps it has the Blue Dot with a big circle of blue for a circumference of about a mile and cannot find my exact location?

This upsets me because it used to find my exact location but now it's more about finding "the area" I'm in.

Can anyone help me resolve this issue?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Since you don't mention it in your post, can you verify that your GPS is currently enabled?

Settings->Location & Security->Use GPS satellites.

ShowTime

Reaction score
Sometimes mine does the same thing, mostly when I'm inside a building. Sometimes I get just the single blue dot though, but it's about a block or so off. In all those situations, as soon as I start moving, it relocates me precisely just fine.
P.S. Somewhere on the boards here (FAQ section I think) there is a thread about getting a more exact GPS location. Might want to search for it and see if any of the tips in there help.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Shut off and do a batt pull, then re-power on, be outside and retry.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try enabling navigation (i.e. set a destination and get directions) and see if that doesn't pull the GPS location better.

On mine Maps never seams to use my GPS (even when it's enabled) unless I'm actively navigating. But it doesn't worry me either. Personally I normally don't need to know my exact location unless I'm navigating and then it's dead on so...

mattbooty

Reaction score
Does anyone else have issues with apps that require GPS locations? I have 2 apps (Golf Club Length and FreeCaddie) that use the GPS and neither function right on my D3 (although worked fine on my D1). Both say they can't find my current GPS position, and the little GPS icon doesn't appear in the notification bar... any thoughts? Am I the only one?

Fabric8r

Reaction score
I have GPS troubles too, and found that in Location & Security Settings, if I turn off Google Location services, and turn off VZW location services, just leaving checked the Standalone GPS services, the troubles went away. Not sure if I need either of those services, but GPS works now.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I've actually had trouble since day one with acquiring a signal =/

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!