GPS off in Direction?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
This morning I turned on Google Maps. I have it set so there's an arrow pointing in the direction of where the phone is pointing. It only showed East no matter which direction. I figured that was because I have a network extender and it may cause problems. I then went a mile away and it had the same problem. Sure it was the right location, but the wrong direction.

I have GPS Status as an app so I tried it. It showed the satellites, but North was now East on the compass! I took it to the Verizon store and added the app to the Droids they had for display. They were more correct, but mine was the worse. I showed it to the tech and they couldn't get it working right. In the end they did a hard reboot which cleared it up.

I was wondering if anyone else had that problem and how they solved it.

hacku

Reaction score
I have it set so there's an arrow pointing in the direction of where the phone is pointing.

How exactly did you manage to do this?

I thought the arrow points in the direction you are traveling, but if you're not moving it shows the blue dot.

OP
aaf709

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have it set so there's an arrow pointing in the direction of where the phone is pointing.

How exactly did you manage to do this?

I thought the arrow points in the direction you are traveling, but if you're not moving it shows the blue dot.

It's under LABS, near the bottom. When that's active, you no longer see the blue dot.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
If what it says is accurate the arrow uses the compass, not GPS. That said, it doesn't seem to work too well for me either.