GPS Not Working

REARless

Reaction score
I woke up this AM and suddenly my GPS is not working. I turned it on off with the power widget serveral times. Then did a Shift-Alt-Delete reboot. Then did a battery-wait a few minutes pull. Still nothing, the GPS just spins.

I am not travelling, so the Droid is home where it usually resides in Pittsburgh, PA.

WiFi and BT are working fine and so is 3G and voice calls.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you might have to take it in to get looked at then. As long as you've verified all the settings for the GPS are on. Are you inside a building or outside? Your GPS might be blocked if you are inside.

P.S. - Go Penguins!

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yesterday my GPS was taking some time to lock in, I did a batt pull and I was good to go after that.

If not, you may have an issue.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you might have to take it in to get looked at then. As long as you've verified all the settings for the GPS are on. Are you inside a building or outside? Your GPS might be blocked if you are inside.

P.S. - Go Penguins!

I second this. If you're indoors that could be why, I rarely get a signal in my house.

OP
REARless

REARless

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies.

I am not indoors. (I stood on my deck at 5AM for five minutes then I drove to work for 45 minutes constantly checking.)

I think I may be screwed. I am going to try a factory reset and see if that helps.

BTW this is a non-rooted phone. (I work with LINUX enough at my job, I need a break from it on my phone/pda!)

djo56md

Reaction score
Gps

You might want to try

*228 SEND Option 1

before you do a Factory Reset. Worked for me.

brochaos

Reaction score
when my gps stops working, a restart of the phone fixes it.

that is also my theory as to why the *228 works, because after it resets the phone, which accomplishes the same thing.